Digital TV News: Videon Central
PILOT shows ATSC 3.0 Interactive Environment at NAB Show
Apr 15, 2016 – A prototype ATSC 3.0 receiver and gateway demonstrating the Interactive Environment will be featured during NAB Show. The Interactive Environment is based on HTML5 and enables broadcasters to provide a richer and more customized experience for viewers.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, So Vang, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, HTML5, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Videon distributes software platform for Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 24, 2013 – Videon Central has announced a new software platform with its latest Avia Media Player supporting Chromecast, an optimized DVB solution from Futarque, Hillcrest Labs’ Freespace® motion control technology and a complete software development kit from Intel.
News categories: Videon Central, Intel Corp, Michael Daulerio, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 – At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Alticast 'Windmill' interactive ecosystem for TV operators at The Cable Show
May 7, 2012 – Alticast has announced that they will present 'Windmill™,' their complete product eco-system based on the company's next generation service delivery platform, at The Cable Show in Boston, May 21-23.
News categories: Alticast, Videon Central, Middleware
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Intel Introduces First IA System on Chip for Consumer Electronics, Expands Internet to TV Experience
Aug 20, 2008 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) introduced the Intel® Media Processor CE 3100, the first in a new family of purpose-built System on Chips (SoCs) for Consumer Electronics devices based on the company's Intel architecture (IA).
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
- Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
- Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx