Digital TV News: Videon
nanocosmos and Videon partner to offer ultra low latency live streaming
May 6, 2019 – nanocosmos and Videon have announced that they are partnering to provide an ultra low latency live streaming workflow based on Videon's edge compute encoder technology and nanocosmos' ultra low latency live streaming nanoStream Cloud.
News categories: Videon, nanocosmos, Todd Erdley, Oliver Lietz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer and Videon workflow supports low latency and synchronized video arrival time
Apr 3, 2019 – NexPlayer and Videon have announced support for the synchronization of OTT video arrival times for all end users, featuring interoperability between NexPlayer's Android and iOS player SDKs, AWS Elemental MediaStore and Amazon CloudFront, and Videon's edge compute encoders.
News categories: Videon, NexPlayer, Todd Erdley, Carlos Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Online video in MENA to grow more than 22% annually until 2021
Jan 15, 2018 – According to EY’s report on video consumption trends in the region, most MENA markets are projected to grow online video revenues by 22%–35% annually until 2021. As a result, digital’s share of the video revenue pie is projected to rise from 9.6% in 2017 to 17.3% by 2021.
News categories: EY, Ahmed Reda, Nripendra Singh, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Kaltura and 32 others join SRT Alliance
Nov 28, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 33 new members have joined the initiative, including the leading video technology provider, Kaltura.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Yaron Reichert, Sylvio Jelovcich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
PILOT shows ATSC 3.0 Interactive Environment at NAB Show
Apr 15, 2016 – A prototype ATSC 3.0 receiver and gateway demonstrating the Interactive Environment will be featured during NAB Show. The Interactive Environment is based on HTML5 and enables broadcasters to provide a richer and more customized experience for viewers.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, So Vang, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Digital TV, HTML5, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Videon distributes software platform for Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 24, 2013 – Videon Central has announced a new software platform with its latest Avia Media Player supporting Chromecast, an optimized DVB solution from Futarque, Hillcrest Labs’ Freespace® motion control technology and a complete software development kit from Intel.
News categories: Videon Central, Intel Corp, Michael Daulerio, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 – At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Alticast 'Windmill' interactive ecosystem for TV operators at The Cable Show
May 7, 2012 – Alticast has announced that they will present 'Windmill™,' their complete product eco-system based on the company's next generation service delivery platform, at The Cable Show in Boston, May 21-23.
News categories: Alticast, Videon Central, Middleware
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware