Digital TV News: Videon
nanocosmos and Videon partner to offer ultra low latency live streaming
May 6, 2019 – nanocosmos and Videon have announced that they are partnering to provide an ultra low latency live streaming workflow based on Videon's edge compute encoder technology and nanocosmos' ultra low latency live streaming nanoStream Cloud.
News categories: Videon, nanocosmos, Todd Erdley, Oliver Lietz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer and Videon workflow supports low latency and synchronized video arrival time
Apr 3, 2019 – NexPlayer and Videon have announced support for the synchronization of OTT video arrival times for all end users, featuring interoperability between NexPlayer's Android and iOS player SDKs, AWS Elemental MediaStore and Amazon CloudFront, and Videon's edge compute encoders.
News categories: Videon, NexPlayer, Todd Erdley, Carlos Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Online video in MENA to grow more than 22% annually until 2021
Jan 15, 2018 – According to EY’s report on video consumption trends in the region, most MENA markets are projected to grow online video revenues by 22%–35% annually until 2021. As a result, digital’s share of the video revenue pie is projected to rise from 9.6% in 2017 to 17.3% by 2021.
News categories: EY, Ahmed Reda, Nripendra Singh, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Kaltura and 32 others join SRT Alliance
Nov 28, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 33 new members have joined the initiative, including the leading video technology provider, Kaltura.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Yaron Reichert, Sylvio Jelovcich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
PILOT shows ATSC 3.0 Interactive Environment at NAB Show
Apr 15, 2016 – A prototype ATSC 3.0 receiver and gateway demonstrating the Interactive Environment will be featured during NAB Show. The Interactive Environment is based on HTML5 and enables broadcasters to provide a richer and more customized experience for viewers.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, So Vang, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, HTML5, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Videon distributes software platform for Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 24, 2013 – Videon Central has announced a new software platform with its latest Avia Media Player supporting Chromecast, an optimized DVB solution from Futarque, Hillcrest Labs’ Freespace® motion control technology and a complete software development kit from Intel.
News categories: Videon Central, Intel Corp, Michael Daulerio, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 – At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Alticast 'Windmill' interactive ecosystem for TV operators at The Cable Show
May 7, 2012 – Alticast has announced that they will present 'Windmill™,' their complete product eco-system based on the company's next generation service delivery platform, at The Cable Show in Boston, May 21-23.
News categories: Alticast, Videon Central, Middleware
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019