Digital TV News: Viewsonic
Number of 3D Mobile Devices Will Surpass 148 Million in 2015
Aug 15, 2011 – The implementation of 3D on mobile devices is still in its infancy and requires a much more advanced technical solution for both viewing 3D and capturing 3D. However, In-Stat forecasts that the total number of 3D mobile devices will surpass 148 million units in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Mobile, VR
Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and XPAND 3D Join Forces in 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'
Aug 8, 2011 – The 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' will work on the development and licensing of radio frequency (RF) system 3D active glasses technology, including system protocols between consumer 3D active glasses and 3D displays.
News categories: Panasonic, Samsung, XPAND, Sony Corp, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
3D Mobile Devices to Increase Demand for Image Sensors 130% by 2015
Jun 22, 2011 – After decades of interest and false starts, 3D is finally becoming a mainstream technology through gaming and video content. Not only will this have an impact on traditional home CE devices, but mobile devices as well.
News categories: In-Stat, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet, VR
M-3DI Standard to Create Compatibility among 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and 3D Cinemas
Mar 28, 2011 – Panasonic and XPAND 3D have announced that they have formulated M-3DI, a new standard for 3D active-shutter eyewear products that will bring about compatibility among 3D TVs, computers, home projectors and cinema projection.
News categories: M-3DI, Panasonic, XPAND 3D, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2011 Results
Aug 25, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2010. Net revenue for the second quarter was $73.3 million, up $22.0 million from $51.3 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViewSonic Uses Sigma Media Processors in new Media Players
Jun 2, 2010 – ViewSonic and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) have jointly announced that ViewSonic's new VMP74 and VMP75 Media Players, supporting a host of new entertainment features, are based on Sigma's SMP8650 series media processor SoCs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Viewsonic, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Syabas Announces Popbox for Big Screen Everything
Jan 5, 2010 – Syabas has announced Popbox, a small, $129 open platform set-top box that streams music, movies, photos, games, social media updates and more to today's HDTVs. Popbox supports just about every audio and video file type.
News categories: Syabas, Popbox, CES2022, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers