Digital TV News: Virgin Mobile
Virgin Mobile France selects Netgem for TV offering
Jun 23, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Virgin Mobile France, the French Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), for the launch of its Virgin Box TV offering.
News categories: Netgem, Virgin Mobile, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Omer Telecom to offer DVB-H mobile TV in France
Apr 22, 2010 – Omer Telecom is planning to launch mobile TV under the Virgin Mobile brand which it operates in France. The service will use a DVB-H multiplex network provided by TDF.
News categories: Virgin Mobile, TDF, Digital TV, France, Mobile
Virgin Media Reports Second Quarter 2007 Results
Aug 8, 2007 – Total TV net additions were 2,200 in the quarter, down from 36,100 in the previous quarter. Growth was affected by churn relating to the loss of Sky basic channels in March, with most of this churn occurring in April. Despite the impact of the Sky basics dispute, digital TV net additions were 40,000, following net additions of 75,200 in the previous quarter.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, UK
UK - Virgin Mobile TV fails to sell despite ad campaign
Jan 17, 2007 – Watching TV on a mobile phone has proved less of a turn-on for British consumers than the telecoms industry had hoped, with Virgin Mobile understood to have sold fewer than 10,000 handsets for its mobile TV service.
News categories: Virgin Mobile, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers, UK
TTP licenses mobile TV technology to ZTE
Jan 8, 2007 – Technology development and IP licensing group The Technology Partnership (TTP) has licensed its DBTV open standards based mobile television implementation to Chinese mobile phone manufacturer ZTE.
News categories: ZTE, The Technology Partnership (TTP), STMicroelectronics, 5G, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21, Semiconductor
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria