Digital TV News: Vivo
Vivendi launches short series offer for mobiles with Vivo in Brazil
Oct 17, 2016 – Vivendi has launched Studio+, a global premium short series offer for mobiles, in Brazil. Vivendi Content initiated this new service based on an original app developed by Watchever, a Vivendi Village subsidiary.
News categories: Vivendi, Vivo, Dominique Delport, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Swisscom launches UHD TV box
Apr 13, 2016 – Football fans are counting down the days to the start of the 2016 European Championships. Swisscom TV customers now have even more to look forward to. A new TV box will enable them to watch individual games in ultra-high definition (UHD) quality on SRF zwei for the very first time.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Telefônica Brasil TV accesses up 9.7% in 2015
Feb 25, 2016 – Telefônica Brasil (Bovespa: VIVT3/VIVT4; NYSE: VIV) has announced results for 4Q15 and 2015. TV accesses totaled 1.8 million in 4Q15, 9.7% up y-o-y, with strong growth in premium accesses (IPTV and interactive DTH).
News categories: Telefônica, Brazil, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telefónica to launch video services in seven more LatAm markets in 2016
Dec 9, 2015 – Telefónica will launch video services in seven Latin American markets in 2016, which will mainly be VoD services and linear television channels. The markets are Ecuador, Uruguay, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: Telefónica, Luis Delamer, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Peru, Venezuela
Telefónica adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 25, 2015 – Telefónica has presented its FY 2014 results. Pay TV accesses totaled 5.1 million, up 48% year-on-year in organic terms, on the back of 437 thousand net additions in the final quarter. In Spain, Pay TV accesses almost tripled over the year.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Bell Media introduces CraveTV in Canada
Dec 3, 2014 – Bell Media has introduced Canada to CraveTV™, the company's subscription on-demand video streaming service launching on Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing $4/Month, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Kevin Crull, Domenic Vivolo, Mike Cosentino, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
Brazil's Vivo chooses Cisco set-top box for Wireless IPTV service
Aug 7, 2014 – Telefonica Vivo has selected the wireless Cisco IPTV set-top box for its Vivo TV Fibra service without the need to run cables to the TVs of its customers. The service provider announces the new solution at ABTA 2014.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telefonica Vivo, Rafael Sgrott, Rodrigo Dienstmann, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telefonica Vivo and Quantenna bring wireless TV to Brazil
Aug 6, 2014 – Quantenna has announced that Telefonica Vivo has chosen Quantenna technology to power its wireless IPTV service. Unveiled at ABTA 2014, the Vivo TV Fiber Wi-Fi Decoder eliminates the need for wired TV connections.
News categories: Quantenna, Telefonica Vivo, Rubens Cesar Bastos, Sam Heidari, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telefónica uses Broadcom SoC for Ultra HD IPTV
Aug 5, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Telefónica has chosen Broadcom's HEVC-enabled SoC to deliver Ultra HD IPTV broadcasts. Telefónica is distributing Ultra HD content through its fiber optical networks.
News categories: Broadcom, Telefónica, Dan Marotta, Rafael Sgrott Martins, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated