Digital TV News: Volvo
3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
Oct 6, 2022 – 3SS and P3 have announced that they are co-developing an in-car infotainment system that includes an on-the-go video entertainment UX powering all in-car displays built on Google’s Android Automotive OS.
News categories: 3SS, P3 Digital Services, Adnan Ertural, Marius Mailat, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
Volvo cars to get video streaming on Android Automotive later this year
Apr 7, 2022 – All new Volvo car models are now available with OTA software update capability. Owners will see their infotainment upgraded to a newer version of Android Automotive, with access to more app categories on Google Play including video streaming later this year.
News categories: Volvo, Henrik Green, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
DISH Media enables Volvo to target ads across both DISH and Sling TV
Sep 13, 2017 – DISH Media Sales has announced its first cross-platform addressable ad campaign, which enabled Volvo Cars to target TV viewers across DISH and Sling TV with a single buy. The campaign, executed through media agency Mindshare, allowed Volvo Cars to reach four segments of luxury car enthusiasts across both platforms.
News categories: DISH Media Sales, Volvo, Brian Norris, Kevin Corcoran, Advertising, USA
Volvo and Ericsson developing intelligent media streaming for self-driving cars
Jan 4, 2016 – At CES 2016, Volvo revealed that it is developing intelligent, high bandwidth, streaming capabilities with its technology partner, Ericsson, that will ensure drivers and passengers get the most out of their time travelling in an autonomous Volvo.
News categories: Volvo, Ericsson, Anders Tylman, Claes Herlitz, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
342 million Connected Automotive Infotainment Systems to ship between 2015 and 2020
Apr 13, 2015 – According to ABI Research, Connected Automotive Infotainment Systems will exhibit a CAGR of 33.8% over the next 5 years, with a rapid expansion in connected navigation and in-car Wi-Fi driving growth.
News categories: ABI Research, James Hodgson, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
NXP, iBiquity Drive Multi-Standard Digital Terrestrial Radio in Cars
Dec 11, 2007 – NXP Semiconductors has introduced a multi-standard digital terrestrial radio solution for high-quality analog and digital radio for in-car entertainment, anywhere in the world.
News categories: NXP, iBiquity Digital, CES2023, DRM, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution