Digital TV News: Volvo
Volvo cars to get video streaming on Android Automotive later this year
Apr 7, 2022 – All new Volvo car models are now available with OTA software update capability. Owners will see their infotainment upgraded to a newer version of Android Automotive, with access to more app categories on Google Play including video streaming later this year.
News categories: Volvo, Henrik Green, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
DISH Media enables Volvo to target ads across both DISH and Sling TV
Sep 13, 2017 – DISH Media Sales has announced its first cross-platform addressable ad campaign, which enabled Volvo Cars to target TV viewers across DISH and Sling TV with a single buy. The campaign, executed through media agency Mindshare, allowed Volvo Cars to reach four segments of luxury car enthusiasts across both platforms.
News categories: DISH Media Sales, Volvo, Brian Norris, Kevin Corcoran, Advertising, USA
Volvo and Ericsson developing intelligent media streaming for self-driving cars
Jan 4, 2016 – At CES 2016, Volvo revealed that it is developing intelligent, high bandwidth, streaming capabilities with its technology partner, Ericsson, that will ensure drivers and passengers get the most out of their time travelling in an autonomous Volvo.
News categories: Volvo, Ericsson, Anders Tylman, Claes Herlitz, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
342 million Connected Automotive Infotainment Systems to ship between 2015 and 2020
Apr 13, 2015 – According to ABI Research, Connected Automotive Infotainment Systems will exhibit a CAGR of 33.8% over the next 5 years, with a rapid expansion in connected navigation and in-car Wi-Fi driving growth.
News categories: ABI Research, James Hodgson, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
NXP, iBiquity Drive Multi-Standard Digital Terrestrial Radio in Cars
Dec 11, 2007 – NXP Semiconductors has introduced a multi-standard digital terrestrial radio solution for high-quality analog and digital radio for in-car entertainment, anywhere in the world.
News categories: NXP, iBiquity Digital, CES2023, DRM, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated