Digital TV News: VuClip
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Streaming
PCCW's OTT service adds additional investors
Aug 10, 2017 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) is introducing Hony Capital, Foxconn Ventures and Temasek as investors in PCCW International OTT (Cayman Islands) Holdings Limited. The strategic investment will strengthen PCCW OTT’s ability to enhance its core value proposition of relevant content.
News categories: PCCW, Hony Capital, Foxconn, Janice Lee, John Zhao, Fang Ming Lu, Asia, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital
Viu OTT TV launches in Indonesia
May 30, 2016 – Vuclip has launched Viu in Indonesia via partnerships with IndiHome Fiber, Telkomsel and Samsung. Viu is an over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VOD) service that has already achieved success in Malaysia, India, Hong Kong and Singapore.
News categories: Vuclip, Telkomsel, Samsung, Nickhil Jakatdar, Ririn Widaryani, Denny Galant, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, Streaming
PCCW Media's Viu TV expands to India and Malaysia
Mar 4, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has launched Viu OTT mobile video entertainment service in India and Malaysia. Offered as a freemium service, Viu provides viewers in both markets with free access to thousands of hours of premium content for local users.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Mobile, Streaming
Telekom Malaysia and Vuclip launch OTT TV
Feb 22, 2016 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Viu, an Over-the-Top (OTT) video-on-demand (VOD) service from Vuclip, a PCCW media company, have announced their partnership with the launch of Viu in Malaysia. Viu is a freemium OTT service.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Vuclip, PCCW, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Jeremy Kung, Nickhil Jakatdar, Janice Lee, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Streaming
PCCW expands Viu OTT service to Singapore
Jan 11, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced the launch of Viu, its over-the-top (OTT) multi-screen video service, in Singapore. Following its launch in Hong Kong in October 2015, the Viu app had more than 500,000 downloads by the end of 2015.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Singapore, Streaming
PCCW Media launches Viu OTT video service
Oct 20, 2015 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced its Viu Over-the-top (OTT) video service. On October 26, Viu will debut in Hong Kong and then progressively be rolled-out across Asia including India, and the Middle East.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Middle-East, Streaming
Vuclip and Verimatrix partner to bring mobile VOD to emerging markets
Mar 3, 2015 – Vuclip has announced a partnership with Verimatrix to power a new tier of secure premium video on demand (VOD) services tailored to the characteristics of emerging markets. For consumers in emerging markets, mobile is the primary screen.
News categories: Verimatrix, Vuclip, Steve Oetegenn, Arun Prakash, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars