Digital TV News: WRAL
Comscore wins back local TV measurement at Capitol Broadcasting
Jun 7, 2021 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced an agreement to provide Capitol Broadcasting with local TV measurement, including for WRAL & WRAZ in Raleigh, NC.
News categories: Comscore, Capitol Broadcasting, Steve Walsh, Joel Davis, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
PBS North Carolina launches NEXTGEN TV broadcasting
Mar 22, 2021 – PBS North Carolina has announced that they are now broadcasting NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0) over their channels in the Raleigh-Durham region. WUNC-TV channel 4.11 has been added to the CBC NEXTGEN TV broadcast.
News categories: PBS North Carolina, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
Nov 18, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Raleigh, NC, including WTVD (ABC), WNCN (CBS), WUVC (Univision), WLFL (CW), and WRDC (MyNet), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, the ninth market launch this year for Bitpath.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Luis Fernandez-Rocha, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
Mar 19, 2018 – ENENSYS has announced that its ATSCheduler – ATSC3.0 Broadcast Gateway - was successfully used in the recent live Next Gen TV showcase by WRAL-TV, NBC Universal and NAB. The technology has also been deployed in several other US trials and by broadcasters in Korea.
News categories: ENENSYS, WRAL, Richard Lhermitte, Pete Sockett, Apps, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, USA
WRAL-TV uses ATEME compression for ATSC 3.0 Winter Games transmission
Feb 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that WRAL-TV has tested TITAN compression as part of public demonstrations of the ATSC 3.0 TV standard. The partners worked together to broadcast 4K ultra HD video using LDM technology and showcase new interactive applications.
News categories: ATEME, WRAL-TV, Walid Hamri, Jimmy Goodmon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Keepixo enables WRAL-TV ATSC 3.0 TV station
Jul 5, 2016 – Keepixo has announced that it is taking part in the launch of WRAL-TV's ATSC 3.0 TV station by providing its DASH Packager which enables Internet Protocol (IP) based delivery of media content as specified in the new standard.
News categories: Keepixo, WRAL-TV, Jerome Blanc, Pete Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic powers WRAL-TV ATSC 3.0 trial TV station
Jun 29, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that WRAL-TV in Raleigh-Durham is testing the next-generation ATSC 3.0 broadcast television standard in 4K/UHD and HD with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) using Harmonic broadcast encoders.
News categories: Harmonic, WRAL-TV, Doug Triblehorn, Pete Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
OMVC Applauds Multi-Station Tests Delivering Broadcast Mobile DTV in Chicago
Nov 10, 2008 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has applauded technical ATSC mobile DTV field trials conducted simultaneously by ION Media Networks' WCPX and Fox Television Stations' WPWR in the Chicago region.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV