Digital TV News: WarnerMedia
HBO Max to be available on Apple devices at launch
Apr 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will be available on Apple devices when it debuts on May 27, 2020. At launch, customers will be able to access HBO Max on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Apple, Rich Warren, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HBO Max to be available to Charter customers at launch
Apr 15, 2020 – WarnerMedia and Charter Communications have announced a distribution agreement that will make HBO Max, WarnerMedia’s anticipated streaming platform, available to Charter customers when it launches next month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Charter Communications, Rich Warren, Tom Montemagno, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
Apr 8, 2020 – HBO GO has launched in Taiwan for the first time together with cable operator, Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC). In Asia, HBO GO is already available in Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Taiwan Broadband Communications, HBO GO, Clement Schwebig, Jimmy Chen, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Taiwan
AMC Networks, Disney, and WarnerMedia join Xandr ad platform
Mar 11, 2020 – Xandr is working with leading media and entertainment companies including AMC Networks, Disney, and WarnerMedia to reinvent the way linear TV advertising is bought, sold, and optimized for a better consumer experience.
News categories: Xandr, AMC Networks, Disney, WarnerMedia, Brian Lesser, Kim Kelleher, Rita Ferro, Gerhard Zeiler, Fiona Carter, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Broadcast and cable networks test linear addressable TV ad platform with Nielsen
Jan 7, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced the beta launch of its Addressable TV platform. As part of the beta, leading programmers will test the solution by running addressable ad campaigns and evaluating how it interoperates with their workflows.
News categories: Nielsen, Kelly Abcarian, Peter Olsen, Kim Kelleher, Mike Dean, Keith Kazerman, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
TheTake and LG introduce AI-powered Shoppable TV at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – TheTake has announced the launch of a shoppable video experience through partnerships with LG Electronics and U.S. media companies. Beginning this spring, owners of LG webOS Smart TVs will be able to shop on the partner networks' TV shows.
News categories: TheTake, LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, Michelle Fernandez, Larry Allen, Big Data, CES2021, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
Project OAR rolls out technologies and showcases Dynamic Ad Insertion at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – Project OAR has announced a series of updates, putting it on track to complete the first stages of its mission, with consensus reached on specifications, software updates heading for VIZIO Smart TVs and the start of major ad engine integrations.
News categories: Project OAR, Laura Nelson, Dan Aversano, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, CES2021, Digital TV, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5