Digital TV News: WarnerMedia
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Xandr unifies audiences across CTV and linear addressable
Jun 29, 2021 – Xandr has announced inventory analysis that unifies audiences and ad systems across linear addressable and OTT, so TV distributors can maximize yield and ad buyers can reach the audiences they care about.
News categories: Xandr, WarnerMedia, Aaron Martin, Amy Leifer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
Jun 9, 2021 – WarnerMedia is the first to formally participate in Comscore’s National Addressable TV programmer trials. Starting in late 2020, WarnerMedia executed campaigns across multiple MVPD platforms, with measurement powered by Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR).
News categories: Comscore, WarnerMedia, David Algranati, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
HBO Max launches ad-supported tier
Jun 2, 2021 – HBO Max has launched an advertising-supported subscription tier. With the launch, HBO Max consumers can now choose between the existing ad-free subscription option at $14.99 per month, or one with ads for $9.99.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform