Digital TV News: Western Digital
SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
Aug 26, 2015 – The Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) has released licensing specifications for its VIDITY technology, which enables secure delivery of entertainment, including locally stored playback of 4K Ultra HD and HD movies across multiple devices.
News categories: SCSA, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
WD delivers Ultra HD movies to Samsung TVs
Aug 5, 2015 – WD (NASDAQ:WDC) has announced its My Passport Cinema 4K Ultra HD (UHD) movie storage device, a way to organize, store and enjoy high-definition digital movies and TV shows on Samsung SUHD TVs and other compatible devices.
News categories: Western Digital, Samsung, Twentieth Century Fox, Tony Tate, Bill Lee, Danny Kaye, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
WD updates WD TV media player with Miracast
May 27, 2014 – WD (NASDAQ: WDC) has unveiled the new WD TV – Personal Edition, an easy to use Wi-Fi enabled media player that plays virtually any media file stored on USB and network storage devices or any computer on the home network.
News categories: Western Digital, Jim Welsh, Apps, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) Selects Cryptography Research to Provide Security Expertise
Sep 6, 2012 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that it has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to provide security expertise. The SCSA is a consortium founded to provide consumers with new ways to build digital home libraries.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Content Protection, OTT, Smart Home
Western Digital adds SlingPlayer app to WD TV® media player
Jun 5, 2012 – Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) has introduced a variety of new entertainment options for the WD TV Live™ and WD TV Live Hub™ media players, including watching live and recorded TV with a new SlingPlayer® app.
News categories: Western Digital, Apps, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
Video and Audio Drive Doubling of Maximum HDD Densities by 2016
May 21, 2012 – Maximum areal densities in hard disk drives are expected to more than double during the five-year period from 2011 to 2016, spurring continued growth for HDDs in storage-intensive applications such as video and audio systems, according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, DVR, Gateway, Market Research
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVR, Home Server, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
StarHub Partners Western Digital® For Recording Capabilities On HD Interactive Set-Top Box
Apr 16, 2012 – StarHub TV customers using HD Interactive set-top boxes will soon have recording options thanks to StarHub's new Value-Added Service (VAS) - Smart TV™, and the introduction of an external hard drive to enable recording capabilities.
News categories: StarHub, Western Digital, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Singapore
Online games titan Miniclip moves into Smart TV with PlayJam
Apr 11, 2012 – PlayJam has partnered with Miniclip to bring content to Smart TV. Miniclip will utilize PlayJam's platform to capitalize on the growth of Smart TV gaming. Miniclip's titles will thus be monetized and distributed via all major Smart TV manufacturers.
News categories: PlayJam, Miniclip, Apps, Smart TV
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform