Digital TV News: WiGig
802.11ac to represent nearly 65% of access point shipments in 2016
Feb 2, 2016 – According to ABI Research, 802.11ac adoption in Wi-Fi access points will continue to accelerate in 2016 as more 802.11ac Wave 2 products enter the market, along with the introduction of tri-band access points.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Allegro DVT Showcases HEVC/H.265 Video Decoder IP at MWC13
Feb 25, 2013 – At the Mobile World Congress, Allegro DVT will present on its booth its HEVC/H.265 Hardware Decoding IP, H.264 Hardware Encoding & Codec IPs, WiGig WDE Codec IP, and HEVC/H.265 Compliance Streams.
News categories: Allegro DVT, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Silicon Image Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire SiBEAM
Apr 14, 2011 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held SiBEAM. SiBEAM is the leading provider of high-speed wireless communication products for uncompressed HD video in CE and PC applications.
News categories: Silicon Image, SiBEAM, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Wireless HD Video-Enabled HDTV's: Playing in a Neighborhood Near You
Sep 20, 2010 – There are significant price and performance issues that need to be overcome before device manufacturers fully adopt wireless HD technology. However, manufacturers are already offering models boasting Wireless HD, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Wireless HD Video-Enabled Product Shipments to Reach 13 Million by 2014
Jul 27, 2010 – Although slow progress best describes the fate of wireless HD chip vendors in 2010, the five-year outlook is for a robust triple-digit growth rate of wireless HD video-enabled products through 2014 according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
WHDI Demonstrates 3D and Lays Out Standard Roadmap
Jun 7, 2010 – WHDI LLC, the organization responsible for managing and licensing the WHDI™ (Wireless Home Digital Interface™) standard has announced the technical features that will be included in upcoming versions of the WHDI specification.
News categories: Wireless Home Digital Interface, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
WiGig Alliance Announces Completion of its Multi"Gigabit Wireless Specification
Dec 10, 2009 – Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WiGig), the organization advancing the adoption and widespread use of 60 GHz wireless technology worldwide, has announced the completion of its unified wireless specification.
News categories: WiGig, Digital TV, Smart Home
Wireless Gigabit Alliance Formed to Promote 60 GHz Wireless Technology
May 7, 2009 – More than 15 technology companies have announced the Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance, an organization formed to establish a unified specification for 60 GHz wireless technologies to connect consumer electronics, handheld devices and personal computers.
News categories: Wireless Gigabit Alliance, Digital TV, Smart Home
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers