Digital TV News: Wuaki.tv
Freesat launches live audience measurement service
Aug 11, 2016 – Freesat, the UK’s subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced the launch of a live audience measurement service showing viewing behaviour in real time. The service runs on an audience attribution platform developed by TVbeat.
News categories: Freesat, TVbeat, Alistair Thom, Robert Farazin, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Netgem to offer secure multiscreen IPTV/OTT to Germany, Austria and Switzerland with Verimatrix
Jun 7, 2016 – Netgem has announced a collaboration with Verimatrix to launch a TV platform in the DACH Region. The solution is designed to offer the German speaking TV market a leading multiscreen OTT broadcast service.
News categories: Netgem, Verimatrix, Joseph Haddad, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Switzerland
Number of homes with Freesat remains steady at 1.93 million
May 11, 2016 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has reported a solid start to 2016. The number of homes connected to Freesat by both satellite and broadband is up by 54% year-on-year.
News categories: Freesat, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
EE Film Club launches in the UK with Wuaki
Mar 18, 2015 – EE has announced that all new and existing customers – on EE, Orange, T-Mobile and broadband plans – will have access to a blockbuster film rental every week for just £1 with leading digital entertainment streaming service Wuaki.tv.
News categories: EE, Wuaki.tv, Pippa Dunn, Vincent Petersen, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Wuaki.tv integrates Civolution forensic watermarking
Dec 9, 2014 – Civolution and Wuaki.tv have announced the integration and deployment of Civolution’s content protection technology NexGuard, which is enabling Wuaki.tv to roll out session-based watermarking for Ultra HD movies.
News categories: Civolution, Wuaki.tv, Alex Terpstra, Jordi Miró, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, OTT, Watermarking
EE TV HbbTV service launches in the UK
Oct 8, 2014 – UK communications company, EE, has launched a TV service. EE TV works with home TVs, tablets and smartphones, allowing customers to access live and recorded Freeview, On Demand and Catch up across multiple devices.
News categories: EE Limited, Olaf Swantee, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results