Digital TV News: XPAND
'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' Adds Support from Four Global TV Manufacturers
Aug 30, 2011 – Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and XPAND 3D have announced that Royal Philips Electronics, Sharp Corporation, TCL Corporation and Toshiba Corporation have expressed support for the activities of the 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'.
News categories: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative, Metaverse, Smart TV
Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and XPAND 3D Join Forces in 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'
Aug 8, 2011 – The 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' will work on the development and licensing of radio frequency (RF) system 3D active glasses technology, including system protocols between consumer 3D active glasses and 3D displays.
News categories: Panasonic, Samsung, XPAND, Sony Corp, Metaverse, Smart Home, Smart TV
M-3DI Standard to Create Compatibility among 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and 3D Cinemas
Mar 28, 2011 – Panasonic and XPAND 3D have announced that they have formulated M-3DI, a new standard for 3D active-shutter eyewear products that will bring about compatibility among 3D TVs, computers, home projectors and cinema projection.
News categories: M-3DI, Panasonic, XPAND 3D, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV
Singapore gears up for the Future of Media
Jun 15, 2010 – Singapore is gearing up to exploit the opportunities in a rapidly-transforming media landscape with initiatives that include the start of a 3D TV trial across multiple platforms and the award of funding to innovative industry projects.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Cable TV, IPTV, Metaverse, Singapore, Streaming, Terrestrial
TDVision Systems to Showcase the Entire Full HD Stereoscopic Ecosystem
Jan 7, 2010 – TDVision Systems has announced that they will showcase their full HD 3D Ecosystem implementation. 2010 CES Show will accent TDVision's maturity in the 3D space for the complete 3D Ecosystem from acquisition to visualization.
News categories: TDVision, CES2023, Content Distribution, Metaverse
3D Screens now number over 5,000 Worldwide
Jun 15, 2009 – According to DIGDIA, there are over 5,000 digital 3D screens worldwide. Now the rest of the value chain is taking notice. There are at least 16 standards, coordinating organizations and national research labs working on bringing 3D to the home.
News categories: DIGDIA, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity