Digital TV News: XPAND
'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' Adds Support from Four Global TV Manufacturers
Aug 30, 2011 – Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and XPAND 3D have announced that Royal Philips Electronics, Sharp Corporation, TCL Corporation and Toshiba Corporation have expressed support for the activities of the 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'.
News categories: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative, Metaverse, Smart TV
Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and XPAND 3D Join Forces in 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'
Aug 8, 2011 – The 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' will work on the development and licensing of radio frequency (RF) system 3D active glasses technology, including system protocols between consumer 3D active glasses and 3D displays.
News categories: Panasonic, Samsung, XPAND, Sony Corp, Metaverse, Smart Home, Smart TV
M-3DI Standard to Create Compatibility among 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and 3D Cinemas
Mar 28, 2011 – Panasonic and XPAND 3D have announced that they have formulated M-3DI, a new standard for 3D active-shutter eyewear products that will bring about compatibility among 3D TVs, computers, home projectors and cinema projection.
News categories: M-3DI, Panasonic, XPAND 3D, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV
Singapore gears up for the Future of Media
Jun 15, 2010 – Singapore is gearing up to exploit the opportunities in a rapidly-transforming media landscape with initiatives that include the start of a 3D TV trial across multiple platforms and the award of funding to innovative industry projects.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Cable TV, IPTV, Metaverse, Singapore, Streaming, Terrestrial
TDVision Systems to Showcase the Entire Full HD Stereoscopic Ecosystem
Jan 7, 2010 – TDVision Systems has announced that they will showcase their full HD 3D Ecosystem implementation. 2010 CES Show will accent TDVision's maturity in the 3D space for the complete 3D Ecosystem from acquisition to visualization.
News categories: TDVision, CES2023, Content Distribution, Metaverse
3D Screens now number over 5,000 Worldwide
Jun 15, 2009 – According to DIGDIA, there are over 5,000 digital 3D screens worldwide. Now the rest of the value chain is taking notice. There are at least 16 standards, coordinating organizations and national research labs working on bringing 3D to the home.
News categories: DIGDIA, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack