Digital TV News: Xbox
Samsung bring Xbox App to Smart TVs
Jun 10, 2022 – Samsung has announced that the Xbox App will be available on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs including Neo QLED 8K, Neo QLED 4K, QLEDs to become the world’s first Smart TV platform to include the Xbox app on Smart TVs.
News categories: Samsung, Xbox, Won-Jin Lee, Phil Spencer, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Tubi expands relationship with Nielsen
Apr 29, 2022 – Tubi has announced that it's working on an expansion of its current integration with Nielsen that will allow for enhanced and comprehensive measurement through Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) product.
News categories: Tubi, Nielsen, Mark Rotblat, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Pluto TV comes to Xbox consoles and Windows PCs
Mar 31, 2022 – Pluto TV has announced the availability of its free streaming television service on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and on PCs with Windows 10 or Windows 11, in several European countries and in Latin America.
News categories: Pluto TV, Xbox, Olivier Jollet, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Streaming
Telefónica to expand Microsoft collaboration to the consumer market
Feb 28, 2022 – Telefónica has announced the expansion of its partnership with Microsoft to include initiatives in the consumer market. The initiatives contemplate the development and commercialization of new proposals and solutions for the home.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Chema Alonso, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
HBO Max confirms March 8th for further European launches
Feb 1, 2022 – HBO Max will launch in a further 15 European countries on March 8th. HBO Max is currently live in 46 territories across the Americas and Europe, with that rising to 61 with these launches.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
Nov 18, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus will use Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) entertainment metadata and Gracenote IDs to make Crackle, Popcornflix and Chicken Soup for the Soul streaming service titles more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Crackle, Gracenote, Philippe Guelton, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
Oct 26, 2021 – HBO Max has gone live in the Nordics and Spain beginning its 27-territory rollout in Europe. HBO Max brings together series and movies from Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals.
News categories: HBO Max, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion