Digital TV News: Xbox
Sky's NOW streaming service comes to Android TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Sky has announced that its streaming service NOW has been made available on Google TV devices, including Chromecast with Google TV, and on eight UK smart TV brands as it expands to Android TV OS devices.
News categories: NOW, Marina Storti, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK
VIDAA OS remote controls to get Crackle button in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE), along with VIDAA USA, has announced an agreement to add Crackle streaming services and a Crackle-branded remote control button to devices powered by VIDAA OS.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIDAA, Adam Mosam, Nick Ruczaj, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
Sep 26, 2022 – Charter Communications has announced the availability of the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV. XClass TVs, currently sold by Walmart, are available in 50" and 43" screen sizes with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
News categories: Charter Communications, Jodi Robinson, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
NexPlayer integrates with Verimatrix Streamkeeper and Watermarking
Sep 9, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that NexPlayer has integrated its NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK with the Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM platform as well as its accompanying Verimatrix Watermarking tools.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexPlayer, Sebastian Braun, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
Conviva releases Q2 2022 State of Streaming report
Sep 9, 2022 – Conviva has released today the results of its quarterly State of Streaming Report, which shows continued growth in the global streaming market, including gains of (14%) in the second quarter of 2022 as compared to Q2 2021.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Crackle Plus extends measurement relationship with iSpot.tv
Jul 6, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) has renewed its relationship with iSpot.tv. iSpot.tv will continue to provide its Unified Measurement to the brands working with Crackle Plus to quantify the incremental reach delivered over linear.
News categories: Crackle, iSpot.tv, Darren Olive, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Samsung bring Xbox App to Smart TVs
Jun 10, 2022 – Samsung has announced that the Xbox App will be available on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs including Neo QLED 8K, Neo QLED 4K, QLEDs to become the world’s first Smart TV platform to include the Xbox app on Smart TVs.
News categories: Samsung, Xbox, Won-Jin Lee, Phil Spencer, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Tubi expands relationship with Nielsen
Apr 29, 2022 – Tubi has announced that it's working on an expansion of its current integration with Nielsen that will allow for enhanced and comprehensive measurement through Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) product.
News categories: Tubi, Nielsen, Mark Rotblat, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward