Digital TV News: Xperi
8K Association announces performance specification for consumer TVs
Aug 29, 2019 – The 8K Association (8KA) has announced that key performance attributes for 8K televisions have been defined as part of the 8KA technical program. Performance criteria were created in concert with the association’s membership.
News categories: 8K Association, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
DTS Virtual:X immersive audio added to MStar’s TV SoCs
Jan 25, 2018 – DTS (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the integration of DTS Virtual:X post-processing in a wide range of MStar smart TV SoC platforms. The integration will allow TV vendors to deliver virtualized immersive sound from any content.
News categories: Xperi, MStar Semi, DTS, Joanna Skrdlant, Mike Chang, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media Services to launch cloud-based content intelligence system
Apr 6, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services has announced that it will soon launch the Verizon Media Xperience Studio, a cloud-based content intelligence system (CIS). The CIS will automate and simplify the online video production and distribution pipeline.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Ralf Jacob, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA, Worldwide
46 million 4K Ultra HD pay TV households by 2018
Oct 14, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates has found that more than 46 million households worldwide will subscribe to a 4K UHD pay-TV service by 2018. Pay-TV providers will deploy the service as a differentiator.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
MHL ecosystem surpasses 650 million products worldwide
Sep 22, 2014 – MHL, LLC has announced that more than 650 million MHL® products have shipped worldwide since the first MHL-enabled products were released in 2011. MHL technology brings HD multimedia content from a mobile device to a larger screen.
News categories: MHL, LLC, Rob Tobias, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
Global Businesses Select ARM Mali GPU Technology across All Smart Devices
Feb 25, 2013 – ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has revealed that it has 75 licenses of its ARM® Mali GPU family of products across the smartphone, tablet and graphic-enabled Digital TV (DTV) markets.
News categories: ARM, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
ViXS powers Sony 'Nasne' Networked Recorder And Media Storage Device
Aug 30, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that its XCode 4210 powers the Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) PS3 networked recorder and media storage device called 'Nasne'. The XCode 4210 is a network media processor and transcoding single chip System on Chip (SoC).
News categories: ViXS, Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial
Sony To Launch 'Nasne' Networked Recorder And Media Storage Device
Apr 17, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) has announced that it will launch 'nasne™', a networked recorder and media storage device with built in 500GB hard disk drive (HDD) and digital terrestrial and satellite broadcast tuners.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Japan, Satellite, Smart Home, Terrestrial
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E