Digital TV News: Yahsat
SES reaches 351 million TV homes worldwide
Apr 4, 2018 – The number of video households served by SES has continued to increase, reaching 351 million TV homes in 2017 according to SES’s annual market research, Satellite Monitor. This compares with 325 million households in 2016.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Yahlive, Alef and SVS to develop DTH service for Afghanistan
Oct 29, 2014 – Yahlive, Alef Technology and SVS Satellite Systems have announced a collaboration by which SVS will design and integrate a DTH platform based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The DTH platform will be operated by Alef Technology via the Yahsat 1A satellite.
News categories: Yahlive, Alef Technology, SVS Satellite Systems, Magnus Simons, Andrew Kaszubski, Abdullah Saglam, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
UAE Regulatory Authority grants Yahsat a Satellite Services License
Feb 28, 2010 – The UAE's Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Yahsat a satellite licence. Yahsat will offer voice, data, video and internet connectivity to accommodate demand for applications such as HDTV and other broadband services.
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Yahsat, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
SES ASTRA and Yahsat Start Middle-East Satellite Company
Apr 20, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Al Yah Satellite Communications (Yahsat) to offer DTH television capacity and services to the Middle East, North Africa and South West Asia.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Yahsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting