Digital TV News: YouSee
ATEME encoding chosen for YouSee and Blockbuster in Denmark
Mar 23, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Nuuday, a Danish company providing TV and VoD services as part of the TDC Group, has adopted ATEME's TITAN range of encoding solutions for its YouSee and Blockbuster services.
News categories: ATEME, Nuuday, Katrine Finstad, Peter Bukhave Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
YouSee and Media Distillery use AI to enhance the TV viewing experience
Aug 27, 2019 – YouSee and Media Distillery have announced that they have partnered on the use of AI to improve the television viewing experience and to provide a clean on-demand experience, offering an experience similar to that of online video subscription services.
News categories: Media Distillery, YouSee, Roland Sars, Henrik Harder, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
Nuuday selects Agama for service and customer experience assurance
Aug 27, 2019 – Agama has announced that Nuuday has chosen to implement Agama’s end-to-end video assurance and analytics solution for its video services delivered under the YouSee brand. Nuuday will use Agama across all platforms, including OTT, cable and IPTV.
News categories: Agama, Nuuday, Mikael Dahlgren, Peter Bukhave, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, OTT
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Denmark's TDC to deliver time-shift TV with Harmonic multiscreen solution
Mar 18, 2014 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TDC, Denmark’s principal telecom company, has deployed a multiscreen solution from Harmonic to deliver time-shift services with catch-up TV content through its YouSee and TDC brands.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, TDC, YouSee, Tom Eltzholtz, Thomas Henriksen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Mobile, Video Exchange
TDC TV stable over 2013 with 1.38 million subscribers
Feb 4, 2014 – TDC has published results for the fourth quarter of 2013. Continued TV net adds in TDC brand (5k) and Fullrate TV relaunch (4k) compensated for the loss of YouSee customers in the organized market (-10k in Q4).
News categories: YouSee, TDC, Cable TV, Denmark, Results
Denmark's TDC and YouSee Deploy Agama Monitoring for TV Service Quality Assurance
Jul 24, 2012 – Agama Technologies has announced that Danish communications service providers TDC and YouSee have chosen to deploy an Agama solution for head-end and distribution monitoring in their Microsoft® Mediaroom® IPTV platform.
News categories: Agama Technologies, TDC, YouSee, Mikael Dahlgren, Content Distribution, Denmark, IPTV, Middleware
TDC adds 20k TV customers in 1Q10
May 7, 2010 – TDC (Copenhagen:TDC) has published financial statements for the January-March 2010 period. Since 1Q 2009, 38,000 new TV customers have joined YouSee. The customer base for the digital add-on product (YouSee Plus) increased by 31,000.
News categories: YouSee, TDC, Cable TV, Denmark, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics