Digital TV News: ZAPPWARE
Kudelski terminates sale to Zappware of its iWedia stake
Feb 20, 2023 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced that, as certain conditions related to the closing of the deal were not satisfied, it has decided to terminate the sale of its 40% equity in iWedia to Zappware.
News categories: Kudelski Group, iWedia, Zappware, Android TV, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DigiCAP and iWedia create ATSC 3.0-hybrid HDMI dongle
Oct 13, 2022 – DigiCAP and iWedia have collaborated to create the first ATSC 3.0-Hybrid HDMI dongle of its kind. The solution, named AirCaster, enables an integrated user experience between NEXTGEN TV and OTT.
News categories: iWedia, DigiCAP, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Pete Han, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Zappware launches 180+ games in partnership with AirConsole
Sep 9, 2022 – Zappware has announced a partnership with AirConsole, a cloud-based video game console developed by N-Dream. Casual gamers can play multiplayer AirConsole games using their smartphone as a controller – no other hardware is required.
News categories: Zappware, AirConsole, Ives Decraene, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Worldwide
Pearl TV and iWedia fast track ATSC 3.0 A/344 development on Android TV
Sep 8, 2022 – Pearl TV and iWedia have launched a program that accelerates and streamlines the path for adoption of NEXTGEN TV technology by consumer electronic makers producing smart TVs and related devices at volume in the Android TV marketplace.
News categories: iWedia, Pearl TV, Hans-Juergen, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, USA
Zappware launches Android TV DVB-C solution at Orange Moldova
Sep 6, 2022 – Zappware continues to expand its Android TV deployments in the Orange group with a DVB-C TV solution. The software brings a hybrid setup of DVB-C in up to 4K UHD quality and over-the-top internet connectivity.
News categories: Zappware, Orange Moldova, Patrick Vos, Ludmila Nistorică, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
Zappware supports Orange Belgium's launch on Android TV
Mar 31, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched its latest TV service using Zappware's NeXX 4.0 ecosystem. Zappware provided an Android TV Operator Tier solution, combining DVB-C channels and OTT streaming in an integrated user experience.
News categories: Zappware, Orange, Patrick Vos, Thomas Parvais, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
A1 Makedonija deploys A1 Xplore TV with Zappware
Sep 28, 2021 – A1 Makedonija has launched A1 Xplore TV in Macedonia, powered by Zappware. A1 Xplore TV constantly learns from the user's viewing habits and recommends content relevant to them.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Makedonija, Ives Decraene, Elena Panova, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, TV Everywhere, UX
Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
Jun 15, 2021 – Zappware has announced that A1 Austria has now launched their Zappware-powered video service on Fire TV. A1 Xplore TV was launched on STBs, smartphones, tablets and PCs in 2020.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Austria, Patrick Vos, Johannes Natterer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Wind Vision using Zappware cloud-native TV solution on AWS
Jun 3, 2021 – ZAPPWARE has announced that cloud-native versions of its back office and tools are running on AWS services, giving WIND VISION access to a secure set of cloud services for the benefit of its users.
News categories: ZAPPWARE, WIND Hellas, AWS, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Digital TV, Greece, UX
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania