Digital TV News: ZON TV Cabo
Pay TV subscribers in Portugal up 3.2% in 1Q 2012
Jun 4, 2012 – According to Portugal's Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ANACOM), there were 3.073 million subscribers to subscription TV as at the end of 1st Quarter 2012 (1Q2012), 96 thousand more than in the previous quarter.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
ZON Multimedia First to Field Trial NDS Snowflake UI, Enabled by MediaHighway STB Software
Sep 9, 2010 – NDS has announced that Portuguese pay-TV operator ZON Multimedia (Lisbon:ZON) will field trial its new TV platform, based on the NDS Snowflake™ User Interface (UI).
News categories: NDS Group, ZON Multimedia, Cable TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Portugal, Satellite
Concurrent wins ZON TV Cabo VOD
Aug 25, 2008 – Concurrent (Nasdaq: CCUR) has announced that ZON TV Cabo has chosen Concurrent's MediaHawk Content Delivery System as their VOD solution. The Portuguese cable operator is scheduled to launch its expanded VOD service in the fourth quarter of 2008.
News categories: Concurrent Computer, ZON TV Cabo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Portugal
ZON announces Full Year 2007 Consolidated Results
Feb 27, 2008 – The last quarter of 2007 was excellent for ZON Multimédia (ex-PT Multimedia). The digital extended basic package ('Funtastic Life') reached 382 thousand subscribers in 2007, with 112 thousand net additions during this period.
News categories: TV Cabo, Earnings Release, Results Presentation, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
OpenTV Announces New Customer Win in Partnership With Nagravision
Feb 20, 2008 – OpenTV (NASDAQ GM: OPTV) has announced that its middleware and enterprise solutions have been selected by ZON TV Cabo in Portugal to support the operator's upcoming HD PVR launch.
News categories: OpenTV, Nagravision, ZON TV Cabo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Portugal, Satellite, Set Top Box
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia