Digital TV News: Zeebo
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Second Screens Vying for TV Viewers' Attention
Apr 9, 2013 – According to new information from The NPD Group, nearly all (88 percent) U.S. households own at least one device that can be used as a second screen, with 87 percent of U.S. entertainment consumers reported to be using at least one second-screen device while watching television.
News categories: NPD Group, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
zeebox TV companion app makes U.S. debut
Sep 27, 2012 – zeebox has announced that Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, HBO and Cinemax are teaming with zeebox to support its cross-channel TV viewing companion app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and the Web.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
zeebox and Network Ten ink partnership for Australia
Jul 11, 2012 – zeebox has announced a joint-venture with Network Ten in Australia to launch zeebox's app locally. zeebox provides viewers with a social TV discovery and interaction service, while enabling broadcasters and brands to engage with TV fans across channels.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Australia, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
BSkyB Customers to Enjoy 'Augmented TV' Through zeebox Partnership
Jan 9, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has entered into a strategic partnership with zeebox. Launching in the first half of 2012, Sky and zeebox will offer a companion app experience for Sky customers which offers unique 'augmented' TV viewing features.
News categories: BSkyB, zeebox, Apps, Ireland, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
Zeebo China Unveils Plans to Bring Digital Interactive Education and Entertainment to Chinese Families
Oct 28, 2010 – Zeebo China has described its plans to develop a 3G-connected education and entertainment system specifically for Chinese consumers. The Zeebo system will enable users to wirelessly download and view content and applications on their TV sets.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Zeebo, 5G, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution