Digital TV News: Zoran
Mobile Phones with HDMI Ports to Ship in the Millions in 2010
Dec 7, 2010 – For the first time, the number of mobile phones with HDMI ports will ship in excess of a million units in 2010, says In-Stat. Meanwhile, HDMI has become pervasive in the consumer electronics, accounting for over 350 million devices shipping in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Games Console, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Trident Dominates Fast-Growing TV Chip Market in 2010
Nov 17, 2010 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) in 2010 has stormed into the leadership position in the fast-growing market for television video processing chips, according to iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Zoran Boosts Performance of Its Frame Rate Converter Technology for Worldwide 2D & 3D TV Markets
Nov 11, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has announced that its SupraFRC® 301 Frame Rate Conversion (FRC) processor platform is available to qualified LCD and DTV manufacturers demanding superior FRC technology that noticeably improves video display quality.
News categories: Zoran, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
Worldwide Mobile TV Tuner Market Value to Exceed $400 Million by 2014
Nov 2, 2010 – Digital mobile TV services are ramping up throughout Asia, as well as Latin America. In the US, new ATSC mobile DTV services are launching. As a result, In-Stat expects the worldwide market value of mobile TV tuners to exceed $400 million by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor
Zoran Corporation Reports Third Quarter 2010 Results
Oct 25, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ:ZRAN) has reported results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2010. Revenues for the third quarter were $99.3 million, compared to $93.4 million last quarter and $115.5 million for the third quarter of 2009.
News categories: Zoran, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Zoran Demonstrates New 3D, IPTV and Blu-Ray Technologies at CEATEC 2010
Oct 5, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest 3D, Internet Connected DTV and Blu-ray platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers at CEATEC 2010, Makuhari Messe, Hall 2, Booth 2A21 in Tokyo from October 5 to 9.
News categories: Zoran, Blu-ray, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
Zoran Announces Irdeto Certification for Pay-TV Set-Top Box Products
Sep 20, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has announced that Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has certified its SupraXD® 170 and SupraXD® 180 processors for the secure delivery of digital content to pay-TV set-top boxes that use Irdeto's Conditional Access System (CAS).
News categories: Zoran, Irdeto, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zoran Demonstrates New STB Platforms for Worldwide Manufacturers at IBC 2010
Sep 9, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest cable and satellite set-top box processor platforms now available for global consumer electronics manufacturers in Hall 5, Stand B05 of the RAI Congress Center at IBC from Sept 10 to 14 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Zoran, IBC2020, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica