Digital TV News: Zuku
International Datacasting Secures Wananchi Contracts and Financing for DTH Broadcast Service
Jul 25, 2011 – International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) has announced a vendor financing package, and follow on contracts with the Wananchi Group for the rollout of a Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcast service in Africa.
News categories: International Datacasting, Wananchi, Content Distribution, Finance, Kenya, Satellite
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
SES Joins Forces with Wananchi to Launch Zuku TV DTH in East Africa
May 30, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has joined forces with Kenyan television and broadband operator Wananchi to launch a new Direct-to-Home (DTH) line-up called Zuku TV in East Africa. Zuku TV is set to launch in July using SES capacity.
News categories: SES S.A., Wananchi, Zuku, Burundi, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, Tanzania, Uganda
Verimatrix Secures DVB-S2 Digital TV Service for the Wananchi Group
Sep 10, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play, has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to secure satellite TV services for the Zuku brand in Kenya.
News categories: Verimatrix, Wananchi, International Datacasting, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, DVB-S2, IBCShowcase, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
IDC Signs Agreement with Wananchi for DTH in Africa
Jun 30, 2010 – International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) has announced that the Company has entered into an agreement with The Wananchi Group for the development, build up and roll-out of a DTH broadcasting service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Wananchi, International Datacasting, East Africa Capital Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Wananchi Launching DTH, IP Services in Kenya
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a major capacity agreement with Wananchi to deliver new DTH and IP services throughout East Africa.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Wananchi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
Kenya - Wananchi launches Zuku triple play service
Oct 7, 2008 – Telecommunications service provider Wananchi has unveiled Kenya's first triple play offering. Known as Zuku, the service consists of television, broadband and telephony.
News categories: Wananchi, Zuku, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Tanzania
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers