Digital TV News: airtel
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi to build software for Airtel's Internet TV STB
Sep 14, 2018 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has extended its partnership with Airtel’s DTH service arm – Airtel Digital TV. As part of this, Tata Elxsi will build the application software for the company’s hybrid set-top-box, Internet TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Digital TV, IBC2022, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Airtel Digital TV adds 479,000 subscribers in 2Q 2018
Jul 26, 2018 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2018. The company had 14.646 million DTH customers at the end of the period. Net customer additions for Digital TV during the quarter were 479,000.
News categories: Bharti Airtel, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
BARC India partners with Airtel Digital TV for Return Path Data
Mar 7, 2018 – BARC India has tied up with Airtel Digital TV to include its subscriber homes in the BARC India Return Path Data (RPD) Panel. This partnership will provide fillip to BARC India’s plan of scaling up panel homes to multiples of the mandated 50,000.
News categories: BARC India, Airtel, Romil Ramgarhia, Sunil Taldar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pay TV services market in India rapidly transforming
Jan 31, 2018 – The Pay TV services market in India has been rapidly transforming as a result of mandates such as digitization, GST, and demonetization. A social revolution in terms of content consumed, willingness to pay, rising trend of OTT video viewing, and demand for unconventional entertainment is shaping the mindset and outlook of the masses.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Comviva adds Sacom's MENA content to its Mooditt Digital Store
Jan 22, 2018 – Mahindra Comviva has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Sacom Mediaworks, a content aggregator in Middle East & Africa. The tie-up will provide Mooditt Digital Store, Comviva’s digital marketplace for content, with a broader range of VOD content.
News categories: Comviva, Sacom Mediaworks, Atul Madan, Dinesh Gupta, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East
Airtel Digital TV adds 416,000 subscribers in 4Q 2017
Jan 18, 2018 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2017. At the end of the year, DTH had 13.9 million customers, up 10.7% year-on-year. Net customer additions for Digital TV during the quarter were 416,000.
News categories: Bharti Airtel, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Airtel Digital TV adds 207,000 subscribers in 3Q 2017
Oct 31, 2017 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2017. DTH had 13.5 million customers at the end of the period, up 9.0% year-on-year. Net customer additions for the quarter were 207,000.
News categories: Bharti Airtel, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK