Digital TV News: black
Streaming technology vendors pre-integrate workflows with Edgio
Sep 11, 2023 – Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo and Vimond have announced an integration covering the entire streaming tech stack – from content production, personalization and distribution to UX and monetization.
News categories: Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo, Vimond, Eric Black, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming
Brightcove powers AVOD streaming at In The Black Network
Sep 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has been selected by In The Black Network (ITBN) to deliver its AVOD content globally. The streaming service is expected to launch this October.
News categories: Brightcove, In The Black Network, Marc DeBevoise,, James DuBose, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi powers Urban Edge Network sports channels
Aug 24, 2023 – Amagi has announced that The Urban Edge Network (UEN) has chosen its live event orchestration and channel playout solutions to manage and distribute a range of premium sports.
News categories: Amagi, Urban Edge Network, Srinivasan KA, Hardy Pelt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Brightcove and PubMatic partner on ad monetization
Jul 20, 2023 – Brightcove (Nasdaq: BCOV) has entered into a strategic agreement with PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) to integrate PubMatic's programmatic advertising solutions with Brightcove’s video platform.
News categories: Brightcove, PubMatic, Michael Dorf, Meghan Jacobi, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
TDF and France Télévisions trial DTT of the future
Jun 7, 2023 – TDF and France Télévisions are launching two DTT trials to coincide with the 2023 French Open tennis tournament: DTT broadcasting in UHD quality, and experimental 5G broadcasting.
News categories: TDF Group, France Télévisions, Ateme, Karim El Naggar, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Terrestrial
HBO Max becomes Max
May 22, 2023 – HBO Max has become Max. The launch introduces a new Ultimate Ad-Free tier that will offer four concurrent streams, up to 100 offline downloads and nearly 8x more films and episodes of 4K HDR content than HBO Max.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Sudheer Sirivara, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Over 20 FAST channels from Xumo Play, NBC and Sky added to Xfinity Stream
Apr 25, 2023 – Xfinity is giving all its customers more entertainment to enjoy in the Xfinity Stream app with the addition of 20+ free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) channels from Xumo Play, NBC and Sky.
News categories: Comcast, Vito Forlenza, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Ultra HD Forum showcases new guidelines at NAB 2023
Apr 11, 2023 – The Ultra HD Forum v3.0 guidelines are now available. They have been restructured into a series of nine shorter books to allow for more frequent updates in areas that are still evolving.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia