Digital TV News: chumby
Insignia Unveils Connected TV with Award-winning TiVo Design
Aug 1, 2011 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) has announced the arrival of its Insignia Connected TV. Insignia Connected TV customers can simply enjoy broadcast and online movies, shows, and music. The TV was developed as part of its TiVo® Design (NASDAQ: TIVO) partnership.
News categories: Best Buy, TiVo Inc, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
chumby and Pace Unveil chumby apps for TV Market
Jun 14, 2011 – chumby industries, a software company that provides a personalized Internet experience to a multitude of connected devices, and Pace (LSE: PIC) will unveil chumby apps on Pace set-top boxes at the Pace booth at The Cable Show in Chicago.
News categories: chumby, Pace plc, Apps, Set Top Box
Sony 'dash' Personal Internet Viewer to Feature Movies and TV Episodes Streamed from Netflix
Feb 16, 2010 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced that its dash™ personal Internet viewer will feature a dedicated application for Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX), allowing Netflix members to instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes directly on the unit.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Digital TV, Smart Home, Streaming, Tablet, USA
Wi-Fi Becomes the Multimedia Interface of Choice for Consumer Entertainment Devices
Dec 15, 2009 – Wi-Fi has taken the entertainment device market by storm, with cameras, gaming devices (handheld and consoles), and personal media players (PMPs) incorporating the technology within the past few years, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Tablet
Broadcom Extends chumby® Platform to Internet-Connected TVs, Set-Top Boxes and Blu-ray Disc® Players
Feb 23, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) and chumby® have announced the integration of the chumby rich media Internet platform into Broadcom's latest digital television (DTV), set-top box (STB) and Blu-ray Disc® system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions.
News categories: Broadcom, chumby, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden