Digital TV News: hayu
Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
Aug 4, 2020 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of Bell Streamer, an all-in-one 4K HDR streaming device powered by Android TV that enables customers to bring all their favourite content directly to their big screens.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
Jan 15, 2020 – NBCUniversal International (NBCUI) and TELUS have announced that hayu is available to all TELUS Optik TV customers in Western Canada. TELUS is the only carrier in Canada to offer customers a dedicated hayu app directly within the TV interface.
News categories: TELUS, NBCUniversal, hayu, Hendrik McDermott, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its 2019 streaming player lineup for the United Kingdom. Roku is launching a redesigned Roku Express and new to the UK line-up is the Roku Premiere which delivers 4K streaming with HDR.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Roku to soon launch enhanced voice search in UK
Apr 24, 2018 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it will soon make its Enhanced Voice Search feature available to Roku users in the UK. Enhanced Voice Search enables users to use their voice to find entertainment to watch.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
May 23, 2017 – Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
News categories: Amazon, Alex Green, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UK
Virgin Media reveals connected entertainment line-up
Nov 30, 2016 – Virgin Media has lifted the cover off of its new connected entertainment line-up. Virgin TV has launched its 4K-ready V6 box, powered by TiVo software, and a TellyTablet designed as a personal TV for watching in HD.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Tablet, UK
EE TV launches ‘Watch with Twitter’
Nov 15, 2016 – EE has unveiled a number of EE TV features as well as a partnership with Twitter. EE has partnered with Twitter to be the first UK TV platform to offer ‘Watch with Twitter’ functionality.
News categories: EE, Twitter, Noel Hamill, Dara Nasr, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK
'hayu' SVOD service to launch in UK, Ireland and Australia
Feb 11, 2016 – NBCUniversal International has announced the launch of hayu - a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) reality service. The first all-reality service of its kind - curated and fully integrated with social media - will launch in March in the UK, Ireland & Australia on a full array of devices.
News categories: NBCUniversal, hayu, Kevin MacLellan, Australia, Ireland, Mobile, OTT, UK
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India