Digital TV News: httv
httv to launch 'HbbTV Starter Kit' at IBC
Aug 28, 2012 – At this year's IBC, httv will release the first commercial version of its 'HbbTV Starter Kit', a lightweight play-out product for HbbTV services prototyping, validation and demo. This new product completes the httv's HbbTV product range.
News categories: httv, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Middleware
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Televes chooses 'httvBOX' for HbbTV-compliant STB deployment
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the first commercial deployment of its 'httvBOX' set-top box (STB) turnkey solution. Televes has chosen httv's httvBOX firmware to launch its HbbTV-compliant STB, based on Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8670 SoC.
News categories: httv, Televes, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Portugal, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
httv launches STB remote control app at BroadcastAsia
Jun 14, 2012 – At this year Broadcast Asia, httv is launching a feature which enables viewers to interact with their STB using a smart phone or a tablet. This service is associated with the httvBOX, httv's software turnkey solution for connected STB.
News categories: httv, Apps, ConnecTechAsia, Middleware, Set Top Box
HbbTV made easy with httv's HbbTV Starter Kit
Mar 15, 2012 – At this year's IP&TV World Forum, httv will release its 'HbbTV Starter Kit' testing solution for HbbTV applications. The new product supplements httv's wide HbbTV company offer. A complete platform of the standard will be showcased during the event.
News categories: httv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
httv and Sigma Designs partner to deliver HbbTV solution at the IP&TV World Forum 2012
Mar 15, 2012 – httv has announced the implementation of its httvBOX middleware STB turnkey solution on Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) chipsets, to provide an advanced and cost effective solution for the hybrid market.
News categories: httv, Sigma Designs, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
httv acquires majority stake in SindiTV
Dec 16, 2011 – httv has announced that it has acquired a majority stake in Singapore-based company SindiTV. The acquisition will create synergies with httv software deployment activities for connected devices and will also optimize httv international presence.
News categories: httv, SindiTV, Germany, HbbTV, MandA, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
httv partners with SMIT over HbbTV
Sep 7, 2011 – httv has announced the integration of its 'httvBOX' turnkey software solution on SMiT's set-top box to offer an advanced and cost effective solution for the hybrid market. httv will be demonstrating the 'httvBOX' at IBC.
News categories: httv, Shenzhen State Micro, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
httv partners with Metalligence over OTT
Sep 2, 2011 – httv has announced the integration of its new STB turnkey solution named 'httvBOX', on Metalligence STB, to create an advanced and cost effective solution for OTT.
News categories: httv, Metalligence, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers