Digital TV News: iQIYI
Asia Pacific: 351 million SVOD subscribers by 2023
Jul 25, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, three Chinese companies will top the Asia Pacific SVOD rankings by subscribers in 2023. Not expected to ever operate as standalone platforms in China, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will take fourth and fifth places respectively.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Dolby shows industry adoption of audio technologies at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos adoption in more markets with leading global partners.
News categories: Dolby, Kevin Yeaman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
HTC Vive announces open VR platform and standalone headset
Nov 14, 2017 – HTC has announced VIVE WAVE, a VR open platform and toolset that will open up the path to easy mobile VR content development. HTC has also unveiled VIVE FOCUS, a standalone VR headset for the China market that is also based on the Vive Wave VR open platform.
News categories: HTC Vive, Qualcomm, Alvin Wang Graylin, Hugo Swart, China, Semiconductor, VR
Netflix expected to withdraw from Russia
Sep 11, 2017 – Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will boost the Eastern European SVOD sector considerably. According to Digital TV Research, Netflix will grow to 3.43 million subscribers by 2022 with Amazon Prime Video having 1.12 million subscribers at the same point.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Subscribers
Irdeto watermarking passes ChinaDRM security tests
May 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has passed ChinaDRM Lab’s security evaluation test. The certification will enable operators in China to monetize OTT offerings.
News categories: Irdeto, SAPPRFT, Rory O’Connor, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking
iQIYI and Netflix sign licensing agreement
Apr 27, 2017 – iQIYI and Netflix have signed a content licensing agreement for a subset of Netflix' original series. Expectations of the deal are modest. iQIYI is the leading online video platform in China.
News categories: Netflix, iQIYI, China, Digital TV, OTT
iQIYI picks Irdeto DRM and watermarking for ChinaDRM-protected OTT
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that iQIYI has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to protect premium content delivery on its OTT streaming platform. iQIYI will also deploy Irdeto Tracemark forensic watermarking.
News categories: Irdeto, iQIYI, ChinaDRM Forum, Doug Lowther, Liu Wenfeng, Ding Wenhua, Apps, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
China VR market set for 4-fold expansion in 2017
Jan 24, 2017 – China's VR industry is expected to expand more than 4-fold in 2017 as more major players enter the industry and new and exciting content drives growth, IDC forecasts.
News categories: IDC, China, Market Research, VR
CIBN selects Irdeto as security partner for China DRM
Nov 24, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN), a subsidiary of China Radio International, is its first Chinese customer for Irdeto Rights with China DRM Support.
News categories: Irdeto, CIBN, Marco Xie, Fu Qiang, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software