Digital TV News: iSuppli
Economic Concerns Reduce TV Shipments in Q2
Oct 13, 2011 – Shipments of flat-panel TVs dipped slightly in the second quarter due to soft demand from consumers amid an uncertain global economic climate, with the plasma segment performing much better than the dominant LCD space, according to iSuppli (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Smart TV
Broadcom Market Exit Shows Dramatic Decline of Western TV Chip Suppliers
Sep 29, 2011 – Broadcom's (NASDAQ: BRCM) exit from the markets for TV video processing chips illustrates the intense state of competition in this area, as Asian suppliers drive the established Western suppliers out of the business, according to iSuppli (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics Reveals Details of World's Most-Powerful Broadband Set-Top Box SoC
Sep 8, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has unveiled details of its forthcoming high-performance broadband set-top box system-on-chip IC for home entertainment, codenamed 'Orly'.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Shipments of Internet-Enabled Consumer Devices to Exceed PCs in 2013
Aug 9, 2011 – Shipments of internet-enabled consumer electronics devices will soar to exceed those of the traditional platform used for accessing the Internet--the PC--for the first time in 2013, according to a new IHS iSuppli (NYSE: IHS) report.
News categories: iSuppli, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Global 3-D TV Shipments Soar by Nearly 500 Percent in 2011
May 5, 2011 – Worldwide shipments of 3-D TVs will catapult by a spectacular 463 percent to reach 23.4 million units in 2011, according to iSuppli. The 3-D TV projections in 2011 represent startling growth for the much-publicized technology.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
More Than 1 Billion Devices to Have Embedded Wireless Networking Capability
Apr 15, 2011 – Shipments of electronic products with embedded wireless local area networking technology (WLAN) will surpass one billion units for the first time ever in 2011 and then rise to more than two billion in 2015, new IHS iSuppli research indicates.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Smart Home
New VDSL Subscribers to Quadruple by 2014
Feb 23, 2011 – New VDSL subscribers are set to nearly quadruple by 2014 as more competitors begin to ramp up their support for the technology, according to new IHS iSuppli research. A total of 23.3 million new VDSL subscribers were added in 2010.
News categories: iSuppli, Broadband, Market Research, Semiconductor, Subscribers
Consumer Electronics Market Boosted by Connected Home Products in 2011
Jan 25, 2011 – Global unit shipments of CE products will climb 2.6 percent in 2010, partly driven by rising sales of products that play a role in the connected home and that focus on usability - rather than technological wizardry, according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December