Digital TV News: iSuppli
STMicroelectronics to Showcase the Future of Home Entertainment at 2011 Consumer Electronics Show
Jan 4, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is using CES 2011 to demonstrate to customers its leading products and technologies that will enable consumer electronics manufacturers to deliver media-rich entertainment products in the future.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CES2023, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
VIZIO Announces VIA Plus, the Connected CE Ecosystem that Delivers a Unified User Experience From the Big Screen to Mobile Devices
Jan 3, 2011 – VIZIO has announced its VIA Plus ecosystem, the next generation of VIZIO Internet Apps™. The new ecosystem will allow for unified on-demand content and application consumption across multiple VIZIO consumer electronic devices.
News categories: VIZIO, Blu-ray, CES2023, Middleware, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet
Trident Dominates Fast-Growing TV Chip Market in 2010
Nov 17, 2010 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) in 2010 has stormed into the leadership position in the fast-growing market for television video processing chips, according to iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
iSuppli Teardown Reveals Apple TV's Inner iPad
Oct 5, 2010 – Although Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) second-generation Apple TV represents a dramatic departure from the first-generation product, its internal design and key components are almost exactly the same as the iPad and iPod Touch, according to iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Apple TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
China's Cable Set-Top Box Shipments Rise Courtesy of Network Convergence Project
Oct 5, 2010 – China's Three Networks Convergence project is driving the expansion of the country's cable Set-Top Box (STB) market, with shipments set to rise by nearly 25 percent in 2010, according to the market research firm iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
iSuppli Trims 2010 Semiconductor Forecast Amid Softening Demand, Rising Stockpiles
Sep 30, 2010 – With consumer demand slowing and inventories rising, the market research firm iSuppli Corp. is trimming its 2010 semiconductor revenue forecast to 32 percent, down from its previous outlook of 35.1 percent.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Yahoo! Connected TV Enhances TV Viewing Experience for Millions of Toshiba Consumers
Sep 15, 2010 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO) and Toshiba (Tokyo:6502) have announced that Yahoo! Connected TV is now available on several new models of Toshiba 46"-55" HDTVs, including the WX800 Cinema Series® 3D LED.
News categories: Yahoo!, Toshiba, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Microsoft Selects Symbio as a Microsoft® Mediaroom™ IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2010 – Symbio has announced it has been selected as a Microsoft Mediaroom set-top box integration and testing partner. Symbio will provide software quality assurance and testing services for OEMs to test new STB models for deployment by Mediaroom's clients.
News categories: Microsoft, Symbio, Steve Koepp, Jacob Hsu, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Internet-Enabled TV Trumps 3-D TV in 2010
Jul 28, 2010 – While the consumer electronics headlines this year have been dominated by 3-D television news, the real story in 2010 is about Internet-Enabled TVs (IETVs), according to iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania