Digital TV News: iliad
Iliad ends Q1 with 4.3 million subscribers
May 6, 2009 – Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) strengthened its position as the leading ADSL alternative operator in France. At 31 March, Free had a subscriber base of 3,531,000 subscribers with Alice having a subscriber base of 806,000.
News categories: iliad, Free, DVR, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Subscribers
Iliad (Free) 2008 Revenues
Feb 12, 2009 – Iliad Group (Paris: ILD)'s 2008 consolidated revenues were €1,565 million, a 29% increase compared to 2007. Free gained 485,000 new subscribers, net of churn, to a total of 3,389,000 subscribers at the end of 2008.
News categories: Iliad, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Cisco on Motorola's heels in IP set-top-box market
Dec 22, 2008 – The Internet protocol television (IPTV) and switched digital video (SDV) equipment market increased 6% sequentially in 3Q08 to $1.4 billion, reports market research firm Infonetics Research.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Iliad (Free) 3Q 2008 Revenues
Nov 6, 2008 – At 30 September 2008, the Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) had 4,125,000 ADSL subscribers, 3,275,000 under the Free brand and 850,000 under the Alice brand. The Alice acquisition enabled Iliad to meet its 4 million subscriber objective two years in advance.
News categories: Iliad, Fibre, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Iliad Financial Results 2007
Mar 12, 2008 – During 2007, Iliad delivered strong operational and financial growth. The Group's strategy, which is based on the unbundling of the local loop and growing use of optional value-added services with the Freebox, has enabled a significant improvement in the Group's profitability.
News categories: Iliad, Broadband, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
French Service Provider Free Selects Intellon-Based HomePlug AV Powerline Connectivity for Customer-Installable Triple Play Service Packages
Jan 23, 2008 – Intellon (Nasdaq:ITLN) has announced that Free, a leading French broadband service provider, has selected Intellon's HomePlug AV-compliant powerline communication ICs for use in all Freebox HD service packages in France.
News categories: Intellon, Free, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Freeplug: Freebox HD, the first box with power line communication (PLC) technology at no additional cost
Jan 22, 2008 – Free has announced Freeplug. This innovation, which is included in the broadband offering, uses standard implementation of power line communication (PLC) technology to link two Freebox HD modems.
News categories: Iliad, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Smart Home
Top Ten IPTV Carriers
Jan 14, 2008 – Light Reading has looked around the world and identified the operators that have the most IPTV subscribers and then ranked them in order.
News categories: Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Middleware, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Taiwan
Iliad 3Q 2007 Revenues
Oct 29, 2007 – During the 3rd quarter 2007, Iliad has confirmed the dynamism and quality of its organic growth with 141,000 net adds over the quarter. As of 30 September 2007, Free's ADSL subscriber base reached 2,767,000, vs. 2,626,000 as of 30 June 2007.
News categories: Iliad, Full Release, Broadband, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India