Digital TV News: iliad
Iliad adds 146k subscribers in 1H09
Aug 4, 2009 – Over the 1st half-year 2009, Iliad (Paris: ILD) consolidated its position as the leading ADSL alternative operator. At 30 June 2009, Iliad's ADSL had a total of 4,371,000 subscribers, compared with 3,134,000 at 30 June 2008.
News categories: Iliad, DVR, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Subscribers
Iliad ends Q1 with 4.3 million subscribers
May 6, 2009 – Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) strengthened its position as the leading ADSL alternative operator in France. At 31 March, Free had a subscriber base of 3,531,000 subscribers with Alice having a subscriber base of 806,000.
News categories: iliad, Free, DVR, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Subscribers
Iliad (Free) 2008 Revenues
Feb 12, 2009 – Iliad Group (Paris: ILD)'s 2008 consolidated revenues were €1,565 million, a 29% increase compared to 2007. Free gained 485,000 new subscribers, net of churn, to a total of 3,389,000 subscribers at the end of 2008.
News categories: Iliad, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Cisco on Motorola's heels in IP set-top-box market
Dec 22, 2008 – The Internet protocol television (IPTV) and switched digital video (SDV) equipment market increased 6% sequentially in 3Q08 to $1.4 billion, reports market research firm Infonetics Research.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Iliad (Free) 3Q 2008 Revenues
Nov 6, 2008 – At 30 September 2008, the Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) had 4,125,000 ADSL subscribers, 3,275,000 under the Free brand and 850,000 under the Alice brand. The Alice acquisition enabled Iliad to meet its 4 million subscriber objective two years in advance.
News categories: Iliad, Fibre, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Iliad Financial Results 2007
Mar 12, 2008 – During 2007, Iliad delivered strong operational and financial growth. The Group's strategy, which is based on the unbundling of the local loop and growing use of optional value-added services with the Freebox, has enabled a significant improvement in the Group's profitability.
News categories: Iliad, Broadband, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
French Service Provider Free Selects Intellon-Based HomePlug AV Powerline Connectivity for Customer-Installable Triple Play Service Packages
Jan 23, 2008 – Intellon (Nasdaq:ITLN) has announced that Free, a leading French broadband service provider, has selected Intellon's HomePlug AV-compliant powerline communication ICs for use in all Freebox HD service packages in France.
News categories: Intellon, Free, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Freeplug: Freebox HD, the first box with power line communication (PLC) technology at no additional cost
Jan 22, 2008 – Free has announced Freeplug. This innovation, which is included in the broadband offering, uses standard implementation of power line communication (PLC) technology to link two Freebox HD modems.
News categories: Iliad, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Smart Home
Top Ten IPTV Carriers
Jan 14, 2008 – Light Reading has looked around the world and identified the operators that have the most IPTV subscribers and then ranked them in order.
News categories: Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Middleware, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Taiwan
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community