Digital TV News: ivi.ru
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Foxxum Smart TV adds ivi.ru app
Jul 19, 2016 – Foxxum and ivi.ru, with more than 20% market share and about 30 million users per month one of the largest Russian online movie theaters, have announced, that the ivi.ru app is now available on Foxxum Smart TV.
News categories: Foxxum, ivi.ru, Ronny Lutzi, Irina Grandel, Apps, Russia, Streaming
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's ivi adds personalised TV to VOD offering
May 25, 2015 – ivi has announced the launch of ivi tv - a personalized TV service integrated with its VOD platform. The service combines traditional TV with VOD, recommendation algorithms, and the option to choose what to watch and when.
News categories: ivi, ivi tv, Oleg Tumanov, Apps, Digital TV, Russia, Smart TV, Streaming
Verimatrix Chosen to Secure Russia's Free Internet Service Ivi.ru
Feb 11, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Ivi.ru, the largest and most popular free Internet cinema in Russia, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) for Internet TV to provide security for its over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VoD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ivi.ru, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Russia, Streaming
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia