Digital TV News: nbn
OTT subscriptions to overtake DTH in Australia and New Zealand by 2026
Oct 5, 2021 – According to Dataxis, OTT subscriptions in Australia and New Zealand will overtake DTH by 2026. DTH subscriptions will however still account for more than 40% and 66% of total subscriptions respectively in the two countries.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
May 22, 2020 – Researchers from Monash, Swinburne and RMIT universities have tested and recorded Australia's fastest internet data speed, and that of the world, from a single optical chip - capable of downloading 1000 HD movies in a split second.
News categories: Monash University, RMIT University, Swinburne University, Dr Bill Corcoran, Professor Arnan Mitchell, Professor David Moss, Australia, Broadband, Fibre, Worldwide
Telstra launches updated Telstra TV streaming player
Feb 19, 2019 – Telstra is to launch a new Telstra TV streaming player. The third generation of Telstra TV is sleeker, smaller, and includes an improved wireless remote control with voice search, plus buttons for TV power and volume control.
News categories: Telstra, Michael Acklan, Australia, Broadband, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia partners with Netflix and unveils Vodafone TV
Mar 27, 2018 – Vodafone Australia has announced a partnership with Netflix and unveiled Vodafone TV, its first-ever streaming media device. Vodafone TV runs on Google’s Android platform with access to apps and games through the Google Play Store.
News categories: Vodafone, Ben McIntosh, Matthew Lobb, Android TV, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Streaming Video On Demand a hit in Australia
Aug 8, 2017 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet continue to feed Australians’ appetite for entertainment with subscriptions reaching 3.7 million at the end of June 2017, a year-on-year increase of 30 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Online content viewing firmly established in Australia
Nov 30, 2016 – Australians’ increasing appetite for digital content is driving profound changes in mobile device use, services, infrastructure and content delivery. The ACMA’s Communications report 2015–16 contains data revealing current trends in consumer behaviour and industry responses.
News categories: Australian Communications and Media Authority, Richard Bean, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Foxtel launches 'nbn' services
Nov 3, 2016 – Foxtel has announced that it has begun offering services on the 'nbn' network to Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) serviceable customers. The move marks Foxtel’s initial push to offer 'nbn' services to new and current subscribers, which will accelerate in the coming months.
News categories: Foxtel, nbn, Andrew Lorken, Australia, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote