Digital TV News: ABS
ITV increases investment in InfoSum
Jan 24, 2023 – ITV has announced a further investment in data technology company InfoSum, increasing its investment by 50%. InfoSum technology is used in a range of new and existing advertising products from ITV.
News categories: ITV, InfoSum, Rhys Mclachlan, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK
Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
Jan 19, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Plex has joined its content marketplace as a platform partner. As Amagi’s platform partner, Plex gains access to Amagi's network of 2,000+ FAST channels and AVOD libraries from leading content brands.
News categories: Amagi, Plex, Srinivasan KA, Shawn Eldridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DISH Network loses 957,000 net pay TV subscribers in 2022
Jan 17, 2023 – As part of a debt offering announcement, DISH Network has released preliminary estimated operating metrics for year-end 2022. The company finished 2022 with 9.75 million Pay-TV subscribers, down 957,000 year-on-year.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
France Médias Monde renews Arabsat satellite distribution deal
Jan 16, 2023 – Arabsat and FMM group have renewed their satellite distribution contract for broadcasting France 24 TV SD TV channels and Radios (RFI Radio and MC Doualiya) on Arabsat Badr-4, covering the MENA region.
News categories: Arabsat, France Médias Monde, Alhamedi M. Alanezi, Serge Schick, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Shipments of TV panels projected to drop 2.8% YoY in 2023
Jan 11, 2023 – The recent decline of the global economy has significantly dampened the outlook for sales of TVs. As a result, TrendForce expects shipments of TV panels to fall by 2.8% YoY to a total of 264 million units for 2023.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Saankhya Labs exhibits solutions at CES 2023
Jan 6, 2023 – At CES 2023, Saankhya Labs (BSE: 540595, NSE: TEJASNET) is exhibiting ATSC 3.0 solutions powered by its SDR chipset. It is also demonstrating an ATSC 3.0 enabled reference smartphone, developed in partnership with One Media.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Parag Naik, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Fuse Media expands FAST distribution with Amagi
Dec 14, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Fuse Media has expanded its partnership with Amagi to launch another channel as they continue to grow their presence in the CTV-led Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) market.
News categories: Amagi, Fuse Media, Srinivasan KA, Cesar Chavez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
Dec 6, 2022 – SMPTE has collaborated with the EBU and MovieLabs to publish a guide to the use of ontologies and other semantic web technologies within a media landscape characterized by the movement of workflows into the cloud.
News categories: SMPTE, MovieLabs, EBU, David Grindle, Jim Helman, Hans Hoffmann, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
Dec 5, 2022 – NINETNINE has announced the launch of live linear entertainment TV channel Helwa TV on Arabsat. The channel will be available FTA on BADR-6, which reaches 550 million people in the MNEA region.
News categories: Arabsat, NINETNINE, Alhamedi Alanezi, Samir Zehani, Adel Hamla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December
- Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
- Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
- New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads