Digital TV News: ADB
ATSC 3.0 Technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
Jan 18, 2022 – Cgates has gone live with Synamedia virtualized DCM to support the encoding of its 200 cable channels, in HD and 4K. Complementing the virtualized DCM, Cgates is also deploying Synamedia's Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) headend.
News categories: Synamedia, Cgates, Julien Signès, Tomas Burovas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Lithuania, Streaming
ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
Jan 13, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced that ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) has launched FAVE and migrated its DABL and select SHOWTIME linear channels from satellite to CDN IP distribution using its DigiCipher Streaming system.
News categories: CommScope, ViacomCBS, Ric Johnsen, Hardys Eggum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
Jan 13, 2022 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2021. Paying CATV subscribers at year-end stood at 7.50 million. GTPL continues to widen its footprint in existing and new markets.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Anirudhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Subscribers
Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
Jan 11, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that TIM is optimizing live sports OTT delivery with a multicast ABR (mABR) solution from Broadpeak. Using the solution, TIM is delivering live third-party sports content to subscribers with improved QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, CVE, TIM, Jacques Le Mancq, Luca Catalano, Crescenzo Micheli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
70% of US broadband households have at least one streaming video device
Jan 6, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates shows that nearly 70% of US broadband households now own at least one streaming video product that is connected to the internet and fifty-six percent now own a smart TV.
News categories: Parks Associates, Bitmovin, Paul Erickson, James Varndell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
SERAPHIC releases HbbTV browser SDK 6.0
Jan 6, 2022 – Based on the up-to-date Chromium browser engine, SERAPHIC’s HbbTV SDK 6.0 implements performance improvements, including support for the latest HbbTV 2.0.3 specification and the HbbTV-TA specification, on both Linux and Android platforms.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
41% of U.S. broadband households have a streaming media player
Jan 5, 2022 – According to Parks Associates' consumer data, U.S. broadband households have an average of 14.5 connected devices, with future purchase intentions still high as consumers continue to embrace entertainment technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
87% of U.S. households have an internet service at home
Dec 28, 2021 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that 87% of U.S. households get an internet service at home, compared to 83% in 2016 and 69% in 2006. 60% of those internet homes watch video online daily.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- ATSC 3.0 Technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA