Digital TV News: ADB
NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
Jun 24, 2021 – NAB has collaborated with Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, and Fincons Group to create a NEXTGEN TV application that allows students without internet access to participate in home learning.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Fincons Group, Howard University, WHUT, Sam Matheny, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Kathryn Procope, Sean Plater, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
Jun 21, 2021 – CommScope has announced that View TV Group has selected CommScope's manifest manipulation software to strengthen its broadcast CDN solution with additional dynamic ad insertion functionality.
News categories: CommScope, View TV Group, Morgan Kurk, Dr. Jamie Branson, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
Jun 16, 2021 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that 5G mobile subscriptions will exceed 580 million by the end of 2021. The forecast enhances the expectation that 5G will become the fastest adopted mobile generation.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
Jun 15, 2021 – Skyline Communications has announced that the German ARD Group deployed DataMiner for the end-to-end management and quality control of its live streams of the 2020 European football championship.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Kai von Garnier, Glenn D’Haene, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, QoE
Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
Jun 10, 2021 – Lünecom Kommunikationslösungen is using a cloud solution from ocilion to deliver IPTV over fiber in Northern Germany. Its 'LCTV' service includes a personalised UI, time-shifted TV, 4K STBs and a mobile app.
News categories: ocilion, Lünecom, Hans Kühberger, Lars Grodtmann, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
Jun 8, 2021 – Appear has announced that Sappa has deployed its technology to deliver live TV in Sweden. Sappa has deployed Appear's X and XC Platforms to support the delivery of live video for its TV and OTT service, Sappa Play.
News categories: Appear, Sappa, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Hasse Svensson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
CUJO AI reveals North American connected device usage patterns
Jun 2, 2021 – CUJO AI has released its annual device intelligence report. The report explores connected device usage patterns and trends based on data from more than 1 billion devices in the Unites States and Canada.
News categories: CUJO AI, Kimmo Kasslin, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, VR
605 expands viewership data agreement with Charter
Jun 2, 2021 – 605 and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have agreed to extend their viewership data licensing agreement to 2031. Charter will purchase a wider portfolio of 605 products and services on an annual basis.
News categories: 605, Charter Communications, Kristin Dolan, Tom Montemagno, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
47% of US broadband households subscribe to Prime Video
Jun 2, 2021 – Parks Associates research shows that 47% of US broadband households currently subscribe to Amazon Prime Video. The content rights deal between Amazon and the NFL will help increase the service’s uptake.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud