Digital TV News: AIS
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
Sep 29, 2022 – FreeWheel and Comscore have announced that media buyers using FreeWheel's demand-side platform, Beeswax, now have access to Comscore’s Predictive Audiences and CTV brand protection offering.
News categories: FreeWheel, Comscore, Soo Jin Oh, Rachel Gantz, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
Sep 29, 2022 – Set-top box (STB) shipments continued to decline in 2021, according to ABI Research. Subdued demand will result in a contraction of global annual STB shipments from 203.1 million in 2022 to 195.2 million in 2025.
News categories: ABI Research, Andrew Spivey, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DISH launches 'All Content in One Place' entertainment system
Sep 7, 2022 – DISH Network has announced the launch of its Hopper Plus entertainment system. Three new 4K devices — Hopper Plus, Joey 4 and Wireless Joey 4 — are now seamlessly integrated with the Hopper whole-home DVR system.
News categories: DISH Network, Brian Neylon, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, USA
Teradek launches protocol for lowest latency streaming over the internet
Sep 6, 2022 – Teradek has launched ART, a streaming protocol that delivers secure, ultra-low latency audio and video over the public internet. With latency clocking in at sub-100ms over a WAN, ART breaks new ground for ultra-fast live video delivery.
News categories: Teradek, Michael Gailing, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
Samba TV releases U.S. State of Viewership report for Q2
Aug 18, 2022 – The Samba TV report shows a viewership landscape marked by year lows in linear TV viewership, record saturation of the linear TV ad market, a tsunami of new streaming content and an increasing likelihood of streaming subscriber churn.
News categories: Samba TV, Advertising, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
Aug 15, 2022 – Walmart is taking its membership offering to the next level by adding a new streaming benefit. Walmart+ will soon be available for members with an added bonus – a Paramount+ Essential subscription at no extra cost.
News categories: Walmart, Paramount, Chris Cracchiolo, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV