Digital TV News: AMD
TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
Sep 14, 2023 – TCL has announced pricing and availability for the first TCL televisions in the U.S. with Fire TV built in. The TCL Q and S Class models with Fire TV also include a Voice Remote with Alexa.
News categories: TCL, Amazon, Chris Hamdorf, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
VIDAA adds AVOD/FAST and TVOD/EST services with Vubiquity
Aug 2, 2023 – VIDAA USA has selected Vubiquity (NASDAQ:DOX) to provide AVOD, FAST and TVOD/EST content for VIDAA tv. Vubiquity will curate, program and schedule content, as well as originate FAST channels for VIDAA.
News categories: Amdocs, VIDAA, Vubiquity, Anthony Goonetilleke, Yaniv Gruenwald, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Beacon Broadband launches video streaming service with Broadpeak and Vubiquity
Jul 26, 2023 – Beacon Broadband is to launch a video service powered by Broadpeak's peakVU.TV streaming solution. The deployment will use Amdocs' Vubiquity platform for linear channel aggregation.
News categories: Broadpeak, Beacon Broadband, Vubiquity, Mario Rainville, Paul Recanzone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Semiconductor market extends record decline into fifth quarter
Jun 28, 2023 – According to Omdia, the semiconductor market declined in revenue for a fifth straight quarter in Q1 2023, the longest period of decline since Omdia began tracking the market in 2002.
News categories: Omdia, Cliff Leimbach, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
Jun 5, 2023 – Wyplay has announced the acquisition of iFeelSmart. Wyplay and iFeelSmart have participated in the same video ecosystem for many years and their service offerings are fully complementary.
News categories: Wyplay, iFeelSmart, Jacques Bourgninaud, Shy Shriqui, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Virgin Media renews EST and TVOD content deal with Amdocs
May 10, 2023 – Amdocs (NASDAQ:DOX) has announced that its Vubiquity platform has been selected to continue to provide Virgin Media's customers with EST and TVOD content across different devices.
News categories: Amdocs, Virgin Media, Anthony Goonetilleke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
AMD launches ASIC-based media accelerator card
Apr 6, 2023 – AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) has announced its AMD Alveo MA35D media accelerator featuring two ASIC-based video processing units and built to power live interactive streaming services at scale.
News categories: AMD, Dan Gibbons, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia brings cloud, streaming and distribution technologies to NAB 2023
Apr 6, 2023 – Synamedia has announced its NAB Show line-up of technologies that enable the distribution and delivery of streaming content across the spectrum of sports, from local clubs to global events.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
2022, a record year for semiconductors that feels anything but
Mar 2, 2023 – The semiconductor market reached an all-time high in 2022, with revenues hitting $595.7bn, just above 2021's record of $592.8bn. However, the market has declined for four straight quarters making it feel anything but a record year.
News categories: Omdia, Lino Jeng, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data