Digital TV News: ANT plc
Humax TV Portal Launches with ANT Galio Platform
Feb 9, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has launched its new TV Portal using the ANT Galio Platform. An automatic over-the-air update ran from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th February to all Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD set-top boxes in the UK.
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
ANT moves to accelerate UK catch-up TV services
Sep 10, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that its ANT Galio Platform now supports BBC iPlayer. Its availability on a device agnostic TV software platform is an important milestone for set-top box (STB) and connected TV manufacturers.
News categories: ANT plc, BBC iPlayer, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
ANT and Ocean Blue Partner for HbbTV and Connected TV solutions
Sep 2, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced a partnership with Ocean Blue Software. The combined solution provides connected TV services, including HbbTV, by integrating the ANT Galio Platform with Ocean Blue's Sunrise™ DVB and Voyager™ MHEG technology.
News categories: ANT plc, Ocean Blue, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Worldwide Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Box Market Will Reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2014
Aug 10, 2010 – Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes will bring a new set of Internet services to TV sets. The value of Hybrid Set Top Boxes that are immediately put into use will reach US$ 1.3 Billion worldwide by 2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Media Player, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Topfield License ANT HbbTV Solution
Jul 29, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Topfield (KOSDAQ: 057880) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its latest range of set-top boxes. The new devices will be available on the German retail market in 2010, with France to follow in 2011.
News categories: ANT plc, Topfield, Digital TV, France, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
INTEK Digital Select ANT Galio Suite for HbbTV
May 6, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that INTEK Digital has licensed the ANT Galio Suite. The suite is an HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) ready platform providing a complete go-to-market solution.
News categories: ANT plc, INTEK Digital, ANGA COM, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Kathrein Selects ANT for HbbTV Devices
May 4, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has been selected by global high tech telecommunications company Kathrein, to deploy HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) services on its new range of set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: ANT plc, Kathrein, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
TechnoTrend Görler and ANT partner to deliver user friendly HbbTV services
Apr 27, 2010 – TechnoTrend Görler has announced a partnership with ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP). TechnoTrend Görler has licensed the ANT Galio HbbTV platform in order to target TV service providers and operators in the HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) retail market.
News categories: TechnoTrend, ANT plc, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor