Digital TV News: Abu Dhabi Media
Demand for local content will spur rapid MENA media growth
Nov 18, 2014 – A study undertaken by Strategy& and Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi has forecast that Pay TV in the MENA region will grow at 10.3% per year, compared with a growth rate of 7.8% for ad-based TV. Satellite TV will continue to dominate the sector.
News categories: Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi, Strategy&, Noura Al Kaabi, Jayant Bhargava, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Content Distribution, Mobile, Streaming, UAE
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Thomson: Third Quarter 2007 Revenues
Oct 18, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) shipped 2.7 million satellite set-top boxes in 3Q07, 0.6 million cable set-top boxes, and 2.6 million access products for telecom operators - making a total of 5.8 million access products in the quarter.
News categories: Thomson, Full release, Broadband, Cable TV, Camcorder, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media