Digital TV News: Accel
SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
Mar 18, 2023 – The SES-18 and SES-19 satellites were launched on March 17th as part of the FCC's program to clear C-band spectrum in support of the deployment of 5G services across the contiguous U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
Mar 15, 2023 – The DVB has approved the publication of BlueBook A176r3, an update of the DVB-MABR specification, and BlueBook A181r1, an update to the implementation guidelines for the specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
Mar 14, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it has completed the AWS ISV Accelerate program, a co-sell program for independent software vendors providing software solutions that run on or integrate with AWS.
News categories: Ateme, AWS, Yohann Guilloux, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
Mar 10, 2023 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is partnering with Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) to provide its first-party data for targeting and measurement. Best Buy will also give shoppers exclusive access to Roku-branded TVs.
News categories: Roku, Best Buy, Julian Mintz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Foxxum partners with CVTE for Foxxum OS 4
Mar 7, 2023 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with CVTE that will see its Foxxum OS 4 integrated with CVTE's TV PCBs. The resulting motherboards will be available to regional OEMs and TV brands.
News categories: Foxxum, CVTE, Ronny Lutzi, Wang Bin, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Multichoice, NBCUniversal and Sky to create streaming service for Africa
Mar 2, 2023 – MultiChoice (JSE: MCG), NBCUniversal and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced a partnership that will bring Showmax streaming to MultiChoice's 50-market footprint in sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, NBCUniversal, Sky, Calvo Mawela, Matt Strauss, Dana Strong, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
Mercedes-Benz and Google partner on in-car experience development
Feb 22, 2023 – Mercedes-Benz will build its MB.OS experience using in-car data and navigation from Google Maps. The partnership also includes technologies from Google Cloud and YouTube to help create new experiences for drivers.
News categories: Google, Mercedes-Benz, Sundar Pichai, Ola Källenius, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Viaplay paying subscribers up 83% in 2022
Feb 14, 2023 – Viaplay has released its interim report for the January-December period. In 2022, the Viaplay paying subscriber base grew 83% YoY to 7,318k (4,005) with 890k subscribers added in the final quarter.
News categories: Viaplay, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
SkyShowtime completes Europe roll-out with Spain and Andorra launches
Feb 14, 2023 – SkyShowtime will complete its European roll-out in 2023, bringing its offering to the final markets of Spain and Andorra on February 2th. The streaming service will have launched across more than 20 markets in just five months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Andorra, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update