Digital TV News: ActiveVideo
Motorola Extends DreamGallery™ TV Experience to More Devices
Feb 25, 2013 – Motorola has announced that its DreamGallery™ technology is now available on an expanded range of devices including entry-level Motorola set-tops. DreamGallery uses virtualized cloud-rendering to make TV experiences as easy as surfing the Web.
News categories: Motorola, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ActiveVideo Networks Licenses CloudTV Platform To Comcast
Jun 12, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced that Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has licensed its CloudTV H5™ platform. Comcast is using this platform in an enhanced video-on-demand (VOD) user experience trial in Chattanooga, TN.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ActiveVideo Brings Advanced VOD Navigation to Any STB
May 22, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced the general availability of its CloudTV H5™ platform that can bring any navigation interface or application written in HTML5 to any digital set-top box or connected CE device.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
ActiveVideo to Demo Ability of CloudTV to Support HTML5 Ecosystem
Sep 7, 2011 – ActiveVideo Networks will demonstrate at IBC how CloudTV's support of HTML5 can significantly expand the ability of multichannel video service providers to deliver rich user interfaces and content to the television.
News categories: ActiveVideo, CAM, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Streaming
Funai Electric First CE Manufacturer to Launch Cloud-Based Interactive Television
Jan 4, 2011 – Funai Electric and ActiveVideo Networks™ have announced an agreement that will make Funai the first consumer electronics manufacturer to bring interactive television solutions based entirely in the network cloud to connected televisions.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Funai, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
3D TV User Interface to Any STB or CI+ Device to be Unveiled at ActiveVideo Networks Exhibit at IBC
Sep 2, 2010 – A 3D TV User Interface that can be delivered to any existing set-top box, CI+ television or Web-connected device will be among the cloud-based innovations that will be demonstrated by ActiveVideo Networks at IBC September 9-14.
News categories: ActiveVideo, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box
ActiveVideo Shows Power of CloudTV Platform at Cable Show 2010
May 11, 2010 – ActiveVideo Networks™ will show how its CloudTV™ platform can drive the launch of innovative services and next-generation television experiences in multiple exhibits at The Cable Show 2010.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver
- HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
- Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
- ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
- FuboTV paid subscribers at more than 1.1 million