Digital TV News: Adam Thomas
Western Europe pay-TV successfully fighting off the OTT challenge
Oct 5, 2016 – New research from Ovum shows that Western Europe’s pay-TV markets continue to grow, successfully fighting off the challenge posed by OTT video and the region’s free-to-air TV offerings.
News categories: Ovum, Adam Steel, Tony Gunnarsson, Adam Thomas, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline
Jul 22, 2014 – Ovum has found that most sub-Saharan countries will not achieve the ITU deadline to switch off their analogue TV due to a lack of public awareness, inadequate funding of TV infrastructure and insufficient supplies of set-top boxes.
News categories: Ovum, Adam Thomas, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Nigeria, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Asia Pac TV market to pass one billion TV sets in 2012
Apr 24, 2012 – According to Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia Pacific is the world's largest TV market and will pass the one billion TV sets mark this year. The region leads the way in terms of pay-TV subscribers with 394 million households taking pay-TV at the end of 2011.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
94% of UK households will be HDTV-ready by 2016
Aug 24, 2011 – 94% of UK households will have a TV set capable of receiving HD programming by 2016, according to the latest forecasts from Informa Telecoms & Media. This compares favorably with the worldwide average of 48% and puts the UK third globally.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
Asia Pacific TV market achieves twin milestones
Jul 7, 2010 – According to the latest figures from Informa Telecoms & Media, the Asia Pacific TV sector passed two significant milestones last month, with the region now exceeding 150 million digital TV homes while, at the same time, surpassing 10 million IPTV households.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Western Europe: Pay TV revenues hit by triple-play growth
Sep 29, 2009 – New research by Informa Telecoms & Media shows digital TV penetration of Western European households will maintain its present strong growth going from 62% at the end of 2008 to 93% at the end of 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, France, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial, UK
MENA Pay TV market to grow 59% by 2014
Aug 12, 2009 – Informa Telecoms and Media forecasts that the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa will grow from 6.9 million subscribers at the end of 2008 to 11 million by end 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
Latin America dances to a digital tune
May 27, 2009 – Research from Informa Telecoms & Media shows that digital TV will make significant progress in Latin America over the next five years. Digital TV households will more than treble in that time - from 12.2 million at present to 37.1 million by 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, Chile, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA, Venezuela
Asia Pacific pay TV to be worth more than USD40 billion by 2014
Apr 7, 2009 – New research, recently published by Informa Telecoms & Media, shows that 44% of TV homes in the Asia Pacific region will receive digital signals in 2014, up from just 17% at the end of 2008.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom