Digital TV News: Airbus Defence and Space
HOTBIRD 13F and 13G satellites enter service
Sep 13, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its high-power HOTBIRD 13F and HOTBIRD 13G satellites have entered into full commercial service, located at its 13°E video neighbourhood.
News categories: Eutelsat, Laurence Delpy, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13F successfully launched
Oct 15, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13F satellite has been successfully launched into geostationary transfer orbit by SpaceX using a Falcon 9 rocket that lifted off from Cape Canaveral on October 15th.
News categories: Eutelsat, SpaceX, Pascal Homsy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
Jun 22, 2022 – An Ariane 5 launcher has successfully orbited two geostationary satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24. MEASAT-3d will provide redundancy and additional capacity at 91.5°E. GSAT-24 will provide TV and broadcasting services across India.
News categories: Arianespace, ArianeGroup, Stéphane Israël, André-Hubert Roussel, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
MEASAT selects Arianespace for launch of MEASAT-3d
Nov 21, 2019 – Arianespace and MEASAT have announced the signature of a launch services contract for MEASAT-3d. MEASAT-3d will support 4G and 5G mobile networks in Malaysia while continuing to provide distribution capacity for video in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Arianespace, MEASAT, Stéphane Israël, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite
Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
Oct 10, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that EUTELSAT 5 West B satellite was successfully launched into super-synchronous transfer orbit by ILS using a Proton Breeze M rocket that lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome at 12.17 pm CET on October 9.
News categories: Eutelsat, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
OneWeb first launch mission a success
Feb 28, 2019 – OneWeb has announced the successful launch of its first six broadband satellites. The OneWeb network will provide high data throughput, low latency, global coverage to the poles, and a range of user terminals for multiple markets.
News categories: OneWeb, Adrian Steckel, Broadband, Satellite, Worldwide
SES-12 now operational over Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
Feb 26, 2019 – SES has announced that SES-12 is now ready to serve its video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. The satellite, which is designed with wide and high throughput beams, will join SES-8 at 95°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Ruy Pinto, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC