Digital TV News: Alarm.com
77% of smart TVs owned by US broadband households now internet connected
Jan 6, 2020 – Parks Associates has announced research showing that more than 70% of US broadband households own at least one streaming entertainment product and 50% own a smart TV, with 77% of those TVs now being connected to the internet.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, CES2022, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Consumer Smart Home spending to grow to $158bn by 2022
Feb 28, 2017 – Strategy Analytics expects a period of competitive turbulence as new vendors vie for position in the burgeoning smart home market. Business models are in flux as service providers seek sustainable revenues other than for security monitoring.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Alarm.com launches smart home app for Apple TV
Jan 5, 2016 – Alarm.com (Nasdaq: ALRM) has launched a new Alarm.com app for Apple TV, available now from the App Store. Users can watch live feeds from video cameras around their property in real-time HD, using Apple TV's tvOS interface and remote.
News categories: Alarm.com, Apps, CES2022, Smart Home, USA
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors