Digital TV News: Albert Dahan
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Metrological develops RDK App Emulator
Apr 2, 2015 – RDK Management has announced the availability of a development environment for app developers to remotely develop and test apps on top of the RDK – thanks to Metrological. Metrological combined their application framework with the RDK to create the RDK App Emulator.
News categories: Metrological, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Steve Heeb, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Fluendo and Metrological team up to deliver over-the-top video content
Apr 28, 2010 – Fluendo has announce that Metrological will integrate Fluendo's multimedia plug-in technology into its Metroconnect Operating System to ensure that TV viewers are able to enjoy OTT video on Metrological's Mediaconnect TV platform.
News categories: Metrological, Fluendo, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Metrological's Mediaconnect TV Incorporates Widevine DRM and Video Optimization Platform
Mar 22, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Widevine's adaptive streaming, virtual DVD/Blu-ray features and digital rights management (DRM) technologies will integrate with Metrological Media Innovations' Metroconnect Set-top Box Operating System (OS).
News categories: Widevine, Metrological, DRM, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Miniweb, Metrological and Intel Collaborate to Provide Converged TV & Internet Video Experience
Aug 3, 2009 – Miniweb and Metrological Media Innovations have announced that the companies have collaborated to provide Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) CE 3100 powered devices with converged internet and broadcast video services for a high-quality TV experience.
News categories: Miniweb, Metrological, Intel, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil