Digital TV News: Alberto SIGISMONDI
ADB is first to market with MPEG-DASH implementation
Jan 6, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it is first to market with a commercial MPEG-DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) implementation, making standardised video delivery via the internet a reality for the first time.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
Dec 17, 2013 – Mediaset and Intertrust have announced that Mediaset’s new Infinity Over the Top (OTT) television service has launched using Intertrust’s ExpressPlay Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform to protect valuable video content.
News categories: Intertrust, Mediaset, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Talal Shamoon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, Streaming
Tivù and Intertrust to Provide Marlin DRM Services for the Italian Internet TV Market
Mar 8, 2011 – Tivù and Intertrust have announced a partnership to create Marlin Digital Rights Management (DRM) based services for Italian broadcasters wishing to create 'over the top' Internet TV channels.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Content Protection, DRM, DVB-MHP, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
SmarDTV Launches SmarCAM-3 Italia HD Conditional Access Module For Italy HD Services
Sep 10, 2010 – SmarDTV (SIX: KUD.S) has announced the availability of a new HD CAM for Italy. SmarCAM-3 Italia HD offers TV subscribers the ability to watch their high definition programs directly on their HDTV sets without the use of an external set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, CAM, Content Protection, IBC2023, Italy, Terrestrial
ADB launches Tivù Sat i-CAN MHP box for Italy
Aug 26, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) has announced the launch of an interactive digital satellite set-top box, the i-CAN1110SH, designed for the Italian Tivù Sat offering. The box is to be distributed in Italy by ADB's partner ZAP.
News categories: Tivù, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nagravision selected as CAS supplier for Tivù Sat
Feb 23, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) will provide the conditional access system (CAS) for Tivu Sat. Tivu Sat is the free-to-air (FTA) satellite service jointly owned by Italian broadcasters RAI, Mediaset and Telecom Italia Media.
News categories: Nagravision, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Samsung and SmarDTV bring pay-TV services to Italian televisions
Jul 3, 2008 – SmarDTV (SWX:KUD) has announced that Samsung will offer SmarCAM Italia together with its TV sets in Italy. SmarCAM Italia allows TV viewers who have purchased credit to watch programs directly on their TV sets without the use of an external set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, Samsung, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SmarDTV launches universal CAM technology for Italy
Nov 30, 2007 – SmarDTV, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, has announced the availability of a new Conditional Access Module (CAM) for Italy, and is currently demonstrating the product at the National Digital Terrestrial TV Conference in Torino.
News categories: SmarDTV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set