Digital TV News: Alice
SkyShowtime completes Europe roll-out with Spain and Andorra launches
Feb 14, 2023 – SkyShowtime will complete its European roll-out in 2023, bringing its offering to the final markets of Spain and Andorra on February 2th. The streaming service will have launched across more than 20 markets in just five months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Andorra, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
Jan 31, 2023 – SkyShowtime is continuing its roll-out with a set of launches in Albania, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, bringing the number of live markets for the streaming service to twenty.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Gabor Harsanyi, Albania, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Streaming
DAZN now has 15 million premium paying subscribers
Jan 12, 2023 – DAZN Group has publishes its 2022 Annual Review providing an update on its strategic priorities and critical milestones this year. DAZN is now the largest digital sports broadcaster in Europe.
News categories: DAZN, Shay Segev, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
All 4 relaunches with new visual identity, new iOS app and a trial ad-free service
Feb 28, 2019 – Channel 4 has relaunched its VOD service, All 4, with a new visual identity, a new iOS app and an invitation for selected registered users to trial All 4 +, a paid-for upgrade which runs programmes without ads in commissioned content.
News categories: Channel 4, 4creative, Richard Davidson-Houston, Alice Tonge, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
TV Time launches TV measurement solution for OTT platforms
Jul 31, 2018 – TV Time has announced the launch of its TVLytics platform, a television measurement solution that leverages billions of first-party data points from the TV Time consumer app to provide insights on viewing patterns and trends for today's cross-platform television landscape.
News categories: TV Time, Richard Rosenblatt, Alice K. Sylvester, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
CuriosityStream launches CuriosityStreamVR and CuriosityStream360°
Jul 9, 2018 – CuriosityStream is premiering Nefertari: Journey to Eternity, an immersive VR experience, available for the HTC Vive system. Interactive elements guide the user through the history, art, construction, and mythology of the fabled tomb.
News categories: CuriosityStream, Clint Stinchcomb, Jorge Franzini, Digital TV, Metaverse, USA, Worldwide
Accedo brings Sky Deutschland to Playstation 3 and 4
Jun 14, 2016 – Accedo has announced that it has worked with Sky Deutschland to bring its online TV service, Sky Online, to Sony PlayStation 3 and 4 game consoles. Developed using Accedo’s cross-platform development toolkit, Sky has been able to extend the existing app to the new platforms.
News categories: Accedo, Sky Deutschland, Michael Lantz, Alice Mascia, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, TV Everywhere
Via Licensing issues call for MPEG-H 3D Audio patents
Aug 21, 2015 – Via Licensing has announced a call for patents that are essential to the practice of the MPEG-H 3D Audio standard. MPEG-H 3D Audio specifies the transmission and playback of audio over a variety of speaker arrangements for broadcast and streaming applications.
News categories: Via Licensing, Roger Ross, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
Oct 30, 2014 – Roku and Sky Deutschland have announced that the companies have entered into a strategic agreement using the Roku® streaming platform for the development of the Sky Online TV Box. Sky Online is a new stand-alone online TV service from Sky.
News categories: Roku, Sky Deutschland, Steve Shannon, Alice Mascia, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024