Digital TV News: Alliance for Open Media
Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
Nov 18, 2020 – Bitmovin has incorporated H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC) into its encoding solution. Bitmovin is among the first to integrate the codec and does not require device updates or additional licenses.
News categories: Bitmovin, Fraunhofer HHI, Stefan Lederer, Benjamin Bross, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
ZTE combines soundbar and set-top box
Sep 14, 2020 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched a far-field 4K AI Soundbar STB at the IBC Showcase. By integrating smart soundbar and set-top box (STB), ZTE provides operators with a multi-function platform and a must-have device for consumers.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Worldwide
AOMedia working group formed to promote AV1
Aug 20, 2020 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced the formation of the AOMedia Software Implementation Working Group (SIWG), a member-driven initiative to aid the development of AOMedia AV1 products and services.
News categories: AOMedia, Ioannis Katsavounidis, Xiang Li, Hassene Tmar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
Apr 2, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D21x family of video decoder IPs which adds support for the AV1 video format. This addition complements Allegro DVT’s previously announced AV1 video IP encoding solutions (AL-E21x).
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nathalie Brault, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
Jun 13, 2019 – Vimeo has announced support for royalty-free video codec, AV1. The AV1 codec enables high-definition and ultra-high-definition video content to be streamed to audiences at a reduced bitrate without compromising visual quality.
News categories: Vimeo, Naren Venkataraman, Vittorio Giovara, Nathan Egge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Amphion extends IP family to support AV1 video decoding up to 4K/UHD
May 9, 2019 – Amphion has announced an AV1 decoding extension to its Malone family of high performance video decoders for SoC implementation. AV1 is the video coding format capable of delivering up to 30% better compression rates versus formats such as HEVC and VP9.
News categories: Amphion, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
Apr 18, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-E210 multi-format video encoder hardware IP which adds support for the new AV1 video format developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia). The AL-E210 is built on Allegro DVT's multi-core architecture.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases Full Compliance Test Suite for the AV1 codec
Sep 12, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AV1 compliance streams following the public release of the AOMedia Video Codec 1.0 (AV1) specification by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) on March 28th, 2018.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Alliance for Open Media, Nouar Hamze, Media Player, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT