Digital TV News: Alpha Networks
Viaccess, Orca and Alpha Networks partner for launch of Billi, a new Belgian Triple Play Operator
Mar 23, 2010 – Viaccess and Orca Interactive (Paris & NYSE: FTE) have been selected to provide Conditional Access and DRM and Orca's IP native TV-middleware 'RiGHTV' to Alpha Networks who have recently launched Billi, a new Belgian triple play operator.
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Alpha Networks, Billi, Belgium, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware
Alpha Networks Launches Innovative Home Entertainment and Security Solution
Dec 14, 2009 – Alpha Networks has announced the debut of its brand-new home entertainment and security solution with its self-developed software engine 'Borg', which offers seamless connectivity and management of internet devices, at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: Alpha Networks, CES2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2010 Results
Aug 26, 2009 – Sigma Designs® (Nasdaq:SIGM) has reported financial results its second fiscal quarter ended August 1, 2009. Net revenue for the second quarter was $51.3 million, down $6.9 million from $58.2 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Introduces New Thin Client Media Processor
Jun 1, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its SMP8652 media processor SoC. The SMP8652 is designed for thin client applications, such as IPTV set-top boxes (STBs), digital media adapters (DMAs), and hybrid cable/IP thin clients.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Alpha Networks Introduces One-Stop Shop for Digital Home and Broadband Products at 2009 CeBIT
Feb 24, 2009 – Alpha Networks (TAIEX:3380) has announced that it will feature a new lineup of digital home solutions at 2009 CeBIT including its High Definition Media Player (ADM-555H), Bit Torrent Media Player (BT-BOX) and IP-STB.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Taiwan's Alpha Networks selects Opera to complete its HD IP set-top box
Oct 9, 2008 – Opera Software has announced that Alpha Networks has selected Opera Devices SDK to deliver the Internet to its new high-definition IP set-top boxes, the AST series.
News categories: Opera Software, Alpha Networks, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden