Digital TV News: Altibox
Sixty integrates Ease TV with Huawei Envision
Sep 7, 2017 – Sixty has announced that it has integrated its Ease TV user interface framework with Huawei Envision. Ease TV uses the Huawei Envision Open API to provide a powerful and flexible hybrid video solution for operator customers.
News categories: Sixty, Huawei, Kjetil Horneland, Martin Chen, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, UX
Altibox deploys Mediamorph content flow platform
Aug 30, 2017 – Altibox has implemented Mediamorph’s cloud-based platform to power the VOD Value Chain for its TV on-demand services (TVOD, EST, and SVOD). Altibox was looking for a solution to manage its storefront content and costs more effectively.
News categories: Mediamorph, Altibox, Rob Gardos, Hans-Bjarne Solheim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway
Sixty attracts investment to fund future growth
Jul 24, 2017 – Sixty has announced that it has raised 26 million NOK in total from Alden AS, Vanguard Invest AS and Mowinckel Management AS. Sixty will use the investment to further develop its product portfolio and to fund expansion in geographical reach and personnel.
News categories: Sixty, Kjetil Horneland, Digital TV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Sixty delivers UX for next generation Altibox set-top
Mar 27, 2017 – Altibox and Sixty have announced that Sixty has been working on a design and development project to support the May 2017 launch of the next generation Altibox set-top solutions.
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Thomas Skjelbred, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
Altibox to use Sixty for STB UI development
Mar 14, 2016 – TV experience company Sixty has announced that it has signed a strategic partnership with Altibox which will see Sixty apply its expertise and experience to support the development of Altibox’s latest generation set-top box (STB).
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Øyvind Lundbakk, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Norway's Altibox selects Pace Whole Home solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it is to provide a full whole home solution to Altibox, the Norwegian triple-play service provider. The deal involves the deployment of the complete Pace software and hardware platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Shane McCarthy, Nils Arne Bakke, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box
Motorola 2011 set-top shipments up 6 percent compared to 2010
Jan 26, 2012 – Motorola (NYSE: MMI) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2011. Fourth quarter set-top shipments were down 3 percent compared to the year-ago quarter. Full year set-top shipments were up 6 percent compared to 2010.
News categories: Motorola, Results, Set Top Box
Pace Powers Altibox Video on Demand Transformation
Nov 29, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has provided the software to power Altibox's newly launched Video on Demand (VoD) portal, allowing the operator to overhaul the experience it delivers to consumers.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product